PDA

View Full Version : Track Day

TIBLE_90
28th May 2011, 16:04
Is anyone interested in doing a club track day any time in the near future? A few of us are keen to perhaps do the advanced rider training course at Pukekohe or just go their for a track day. I believe it's only $90 to go have a track day compared to 200 ish at hampton downs. So if any one is interested post here :)

Squiggles
28th May 2011, 16:30
Is anyone interested in doing a club track day any time in the near future? A few of us are keen to perhaps do the advanced rider training course at Pukekohe or just go their for a track day. I believe it's only $90 to go have a track day compared to 200 ish at hampton downs. So if any one is interested post here :)

AUSA grants round 2 is in July, if there is enough interest we could apply again for funding for the ART days @ puke, the grants pay half.

Jafa might be interested in a general trackday?

TIBLE_90
28th May 2011, 16:52
Ah, keen to get half off :) so maybe just some general track days before then

PirateJafa
28th May 2011, 18:13
I've been looking at getting the trackbike to Hampton Downs or Taupo again in the near future. Main problem is transport, though if we can swing a weekday trackday, then I should be able to nick one from work easily enough.

Don't know if I'd bother for just a day at Puke though, but I'm keen as hell for a day at a decent track.

pc10
28th May 2011, 18:43

im keen keep us posted when

TIBLE_90
28th May 2011, 18:50
I've been looking at getting the trackbike to Hampton Downs or Taupo again in the near future. Main problem is transport, though if we can swing a weekday trackday, then I should be able to nick one from work easily enough.

Don't know if I'd bother for just a day at Puke though, but I'm keen as hell for a day at a decent track.

I'd be keen for Hampton Downs, but next track day on calendar is in October :facepalm:

yachtie10
28th May 2011, 18:58
I'd be keen for Hampton Downs, but next track day on calendar is in October :facepalm:

where are you getting this from?
next Hampton downs ride day is Sunday 12th June

http://www.hamptondownsridedays.co.nz/category_product.php
Booked and paid prior to 7 days before the event (internet) $184

and if you get a group together they might give the organiser a good discount

TIBLE_90
28th May 2011, 19:32
oh my bad, I was looking at the super bike school haha. OK, yea I would rather go to Hampton Downs than Pukekohe

racefactory
28th May 2011, 21:11
very keen to get a little group time attack going at pukekohe! only 90 bucks for the whole day, the best way to spend a day PERIOD! Ride it there, ride it back- good times. Hampton and ART days are way more expensive and not as much riding time (yes I know it's a simpler circuit but Pukekohe requires balls and that's good fun too).

TIBLE_90
29th May 2011, 09:21
Yea, $90 for a whole day of riding does sound good. Might be keen to go do that first as I'm a bit low on cash atm, can't really afford Hampton Downs right now.

PirateJafa
29th May 2011, 12:33
Anyone got a link for a calender of the next few Puke trackdays? Need to find a day that'll fit around my shift work, else I'll just rock over to the HDowns day on the 10th.

LankyBastard
29th May 2011, 12:35
Yep keen as to head to any track, any time! Keep me posted

TIBLE_90
29th May 2011, 14:19
This is the calendar for Pukekohe:

http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/?contentid=13&searchtype=month&month=6&year=2011&bookingtypeid=

PirateJafa
29th May 2011, 17:11
Well, as that doesn't show the next AMC event being until the end of August, I'll flag that track then.

MotoTT doesn't have another Taupo trackday til August either.

Doesn't look like Redline are operating anymore, which is a pity, as their unlimited-track-time days were very good value.

Squiggles
29th May 2011, 19:13
Well, as that doesn't show the next AMC event being until the end of August, I'll flag that track then.

Ya can go on the testing days, I went to one with the RGV aaaages back

TIBLE_90
30th May 2011, 09:37
next testing day is 4th june, which is this coming saturday.

PirateJafa
30th May 2011, 11:29
18th June.

Convo me if you want to sort out bringing your bike down with me in the van or trailer (which I'll take will depend on how many bikes are to be taken down). I'll be taking a full toolkit etc as well, and the van will be available for secure storage for any gear/keys etc you might want to leave in it.

I'm going regardless (not before, due to awkwardness with my shifts, plus PingZero), you guys are welcome to join me though.

TIBLE_90
30th May 2011, 12:02
cant do 18th, got exams on and I'm not in NZ over the break so next time I'll be able to go is next semester.

Thani-B
30th May 2011, 17:52
If I can get some monies I'll be keen for one at HD or Taupo.

racefactory
1st June 2011, 19:08
If I can get some monies I'll be keen for one at HD or Taupo.

Come to pukey- only 90 bucks.

Camshaft
1st June 2011, 19:20
18th sounds gud, all my exams dne by thn

Icemaestro
1st June 2011, 19:40
what bike are you taking RF?

Thani-B
1st June 2011, 19:58
Come to pukey- only 90 bucks.

But further to travel. And Puke is crap anyway.

TIBLE_90
1st June 2011, 21:22
keen for a track day early next semester since I won't be able to make it to one till then :facepalm:.

If u guys end up goin, keep me posted. Keen to know how it goes etc etc

racefactory
2nd June 2011, 11:06
what bike are you taking RF?

Probably zx6r but have a crap as rear tyre so maybe NC35, not sure. Motard is just too slow down the straight for pukekohe... 170kph down that back straight would be no fun at all, but I might be wrong.