PDA

View Full Version : What is this clutch cover from?

Ash250R
31st May 2011, 18:06
Hey guys I am fitting a replacement clutch cover with new waterpump, it was only untill I began to sort where each bolt goes that I realised the cover is slightly differnt!

Two of the mounting points require longer bolts to fit and the water pump is much bigger.

I hope you can see from the pictures what is differnt.

I am not worryed about using this cover as it is better from a performance aspect but I dont know where to get the two longer bolts required to fit.

Can any one tell me what series the cover is from, my old one is a 250R 4jSP

Latte
31st May 2011, 18:09
Possibly R5k/r6k/mc21/mc28. I've only had dry clutch models so can't confirm.

Someone here or on nsr forums will be sure.

Ash250R
31st May 2011, 19:21
According to the nsr forum the replacement is from a MC21, looks like it should be a good upgrade all i need is bolts to suit now.

Latte
31st May 2011, 20:01
Thought so, score eh :D

Not sure if he's got mech parts but Action wreckers had some MC21 fairings, might have the rest to go with it.

imdying
2nd June 2011, 10:39
Yes that cover is from an MC21 R. Bolts are easy, any fastener shop :yes:

dogsnbikes
2nd June 2011, 11:24
Hey guys I am fitting a replacement clutch cover with new waterpump, it was only untill I began to sort where each bolt goes that I realised the cover is slightly differnt!

Two of the mounting points require longer bolts to fit and the water pump is much bigger.

I hope you can see from the pictures what is differnt.

I am not worryed about using this cover as it is better from a performance aspect but I dont know where to get the two longer bolts required to fit.

Can any one tell me what series the cover is from, my old one is a 250R 4jSP

Cheak out tradezone shop

Total Trade Supplies Ltd – Hamilton59 Killarney Road
Frankton Hamilton
ph 07 847-9798
Fax 07
847-9347

or
go ask any bike shop they may have some old ones out back,