PDA

View Full Version : On a mission! 48mm piston rings done for zxr250 A and B models! Anyone interested?

ZXCharlieR
15th June 2011, 00:22
Hi Guys,

I have a workshop close to where I live and they claim to be able to make piston rings for the A and B models, anyone interested? if you are interested then leave a note and I'll see how much I can get them for (the more we get the cheaper they become!).

I will obviously be testing them on my own machine before I make them available but from what I can see, there's no-one else out there that have them available and this workshop have a great reputation for re-bores, pistons and rings, so...!!

If I can get them at a decent price, I will make them readily available on ebay UK for you to buy and shipping would be £15 airmail signed for with a turnaroun of 5 business days.

Cheers

imdying
15th June 2011, 14:09
No need mate, we have places here in NZ that can make them :)

ZXCharlieR
15th June 2011, 14:11
No need mate, we have places here in NZ that can make them :)

Just out of curiosity mate, how much are they there, have you had to buy any of them?

Cheers for the heads up!

imdying
15th June 2011, 14:28
I have no idea. There are at least four that I can think of, you would have to ask them what they charge.

I assume this means that the rings are not available from the big K?

ZXCharlieR
15th June 2011, 14:32
I have no idea. There are at least four that I can think of, you would have to ask them what they charge.

I assume this means that the rings are not available from the big K?

No chance, I can barely get parts for it here, very unknown bike and not so popular unfortunately.

I have been after a CBR250 R for god knows how long and then came across this little baby, just couldn't pass it off but even the guys at Kawasaki had a laugh at my expense when I asked for info and parts.

Cheers

imdying
15th June 2011, 14:59
So don't order locally then, plenty of Kawasaki dealers in the world.

ZXCharlieR
16th June 2011, 05:34
So don't order locally then, plenty of Kawasaki dealers in the world.

Hi mate,

I didn't order locally, the guys I went to at Corby Kawasaki are the best in the country, if you need something and you can't find it, they are sure to have it or at least a workaround, but no chance, the guys there told me to take the 49mm ring kits and skim them down a mm.

I would prefer paying a bit more and getting some done from scratch.

Cheers

Brock BDK
20th June 2011, 22:10
Hi Guys,

I have a workshop close to where I live and they claim to be able to make piston rings for the A and B models, anyone interested? if you are interested then leave a note and I'll see how much I can get them for (the more we get the cheaper they become!).

I will obviously be testing them on my own machine before I make them available but from what I can see, there's no-one else out there that have them available and this workshop have a great reputation for re-bores, pistons and rings, so...!!

If I can get them at a decent price, I will make them readily available on ebay UK for you to buy and shipping would be £15 airmail signed for with a turnaroun of 5 business days.

Cheers

Hi, I have a customer here in the UK that would be interested in piston rings for his bike over here. I see you're after airmail mailing price - where are you then?

Could you give me an indication of how long, and what price these rings would be?

Warm regards,

Brock
BDK Race Engineering Ltd