PDA

View Full Version : Who commutes from the Hutt to Welly and back each day during peak hour?

Crasherfromwayback
6th July 2011, 15:24
I need you to contact Gaye at Capital times if you'd be good enough, as she's running a story about the pros of running a bike each day rather than a car!

Tell her Pete from Wellington Motorcycles told you to call her.

She can be contacted on 385 1426

Ta

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2011, 15:25
I need you to contact Gaye at Capital times if you'd be good enough, as she's running a story about the pros of running a bike each day rather than a car!

Tell her Pete from Wellington Motorcycles told you to call her.

She can be contacted on 385 1426

Ta

Any chance you could clarify peak hour? I am thinking not me, I start work at 6.30 and finish at 3 to avoid traffic....

Crasherfromwayback
6th July 2011, 15:41
Any chance you could clarify peak hour? I am thinking not me, I start work at 6.30 and finish at 3 to avoid traffic....

Give her a call anyway. She might be hot!

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2011, 15:44
Give her a call anyway. She might be hot!

Good idea!! I am sitting around home with a broken arse anyway atm, might add some excitement to my day! :D

Crasherfromwayback
6th July 2011, 15:56
Good idea!! I am sitting around home with a broken arse anyway atm, might add some excitement to my day! :D

Yeah saw ya bruise...they're such fun aren't they!242366

Str8 Jacket
6th July 2011, 15:58
Yeah saw ya bruise...they're such fun aren't they!

Hehe, mine now resembles a ripple strip and is now a blecker shade of bleck! Wonder if she'd be interested in that, lmao!

Bald Eagle
6th July 2011, 16:23
Why the Hutt - whats wrong with the sunny coast ?

BIG DOUG
16th July 2011, 20:31
fark pete you know I travel everyday from upper harlem to the city each day at freaking peak times

jaffaonajappa
16th July 2011, 21:14
Does anyone travel from Kapiti to the Hutt daily, via the Akatarawa road?
Thinking about living on the coast, and a job in upper hutt....just not sure about all the travel - and last time I went over the Akatarawa road - over 10 or 12 years ago - it was a bit skinny and one lane blind corners,,,,

Just wondering if the akatarawa road is a valid option on a bike...

Ocean1
16th July 2011, 21:26

I know a guy who lives on akatarawa road, 6k from the upper hutt end, and works in paraparaumu. He gets to work via Haywards hill.

I live in the Hutt, been working most days in Paraparaumu for the last wee while. Twice I've gone to work via the Maungakotukutuku shortcut. Takes a couple of hours but it's worth it.

koba
16th July 2011, 21:38
Does anyone travel from Kapiti to the Hutt daily, via the Akatarawa road?
Thinking about living on the coast, and a job in upper hutt....just not sure about all the travel - and last time I went over the Akatarawa road - over 10 or 12 years ago - it was a bit skinny and one lane blind corners,,,,

It's currently closed.

Happens quite a bit, sometimes for long periods.

jaffaonajappa
16th July 2011, 22:13
Ahhh cheers guys. Then yes, akatarawa road for a routine commute is ruled out then.

Thanks for the tip.

Hack0r
16th July 2011, 23:03
It's currently closed.

Happens quite a bit, sometimes for long periods.

Lol it may be closed, but I went up there last week no realising it was closed. I didnt want to go the long way so I leaned my bike over and went under the barrier. 1 KM up the road (heading to Waikanae) there was a bridge completely missing. But a temp foot bridge has been made.

It was wide enought for me to bike across slowly, for an adventrous biker :P I have a road bike and btw there was about 20m of gravel either side of the foot bridge.
I dont mind riding it, you just need to take it slow in some places because of the blind corners. You would get ICE up there in winter as well.

DingoZ
17th July 2011, 00:47
Yeah saw ya bruise...they're such fun aren't they!242366

What the fark......???