PDA

View Full Version : Calling all pocket bikers

888mike
11th July 2011, 18:54
:niceone:Hey there little bikers, I am putting it out there. Is there anyone who is keen to get into our sport who either hasn't had a go or had somewhere to ride their pocket bike, recently I have run into people who have these bikes who just bought them not knowing we have a sport or have seen them and not known that adults even ride them.
I have a mate who has just moved from racing a Yamaha R6 to an R1 and he is going to come and have a go on one or two of my bikes at our next meeting of 6th and 7th of August at the Edgecumbe kart track.
We have some really awesum kids racing and with role models in our country like Tony Rees, Andrew Stroud, Craig Sheriffs and the likes the only way to keep two wheel tarmac racing moving forward is by getting involved and allowing your kids to have a go.
If you would like to know more or if you would like to have a go feel free to contact me here or call or txt me on 0220 757 409.
Cheers Mike McMillan president of the Eastern Bay Pocket Bike Club, Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty.

rapid van cleef
11th July 2011, 23:02
love to have a go. ive been threatening to buy one for a couple of years.

DrunkenMistake
12th July 2011, 17:27
Iv got two that I brought not to long ago second hand, all the bells and whistles etc, had a good blat on them good fun, but not really my cuppa tea like I thought it would be,
So if anyone is interested drop me a PM id be happy to sell them on.

888mike
12th July 2011, 20:47
Iv got two that I brought not to long ago second hand, all the bells and whistles etc, had a good blat on them good fun, but not really my cuppa tea like I thought it would be,
So if anyone is interested drop me a PM id be happy to sell them on.

Hi there, where abouts are you, if you would like to send some pics of what you have I could pass on details to our club members as there are a few who are looking for more bikes but as you probably know there are a few on trade me so as long as you are realistic on what you wan't we might be able to find a home for them.
Did you have a go on a track because we just bought a bike off a guy who rode around his neighbour hood and broke it. Cheers Mike

DrunkenMistake
12th July 2011, 21:00
Hi there, where abouts are you, if you would like to send some pics of what you have I could pass on details to our club members as there are a few who are looking for more bikes but as you probably know there are a few on trade me so as long as you are realistic on what you wan't we might be able to find a home for them.
Did you have a go on a track because we just bought a bike off a guy who rode around his neighbour hood and broke it. Cheers Mike

Ill flick you a PM in a moment man.

DrunkenMistake
12th July 2011, 21:04
Aparently I cant PM you.. haha

Im in dunedin, so its up to the buyer to arrange how to ship them, I would recomend Biketranz would probably be the best way,

I have a couple of ZPF/Z1 Minimotos

These bikes took the guy who I brought these off son to win the NZMMRC Junior Open Title - they are damn fast, and come with proper race tires, not those chinese ones...
heres what they are roughly priced at
2 x ZPF/Z1 @ $500 base cost each = $1000.00
2 x Sets SAVA Race Slicks @ $350 per set = $700

PLus the $$$ the previous owner spent on various bearings and stainless blots ($300+),
One bike does need the clutch replaced but that would cost all of $100 if that, one has a quick turn throttle, the fairings provided look a little tatty but I never ran the bikes with the fairings.
Ill have to take some up to date photos tomorrow but here are the ones I have on file
Im in Dunedin, So I would think the easiest way to transport would be BikeTranz

888mike
12th July 2011, 21:18
Aparently I cant PM you.. haha

Im in dunedin, so its up to the buyer to arrange how to ship them, I would recomend Biketranz would probably be the best way,

I have a couple of ZPF/Z1 Minimotos

These bikes took the guy who I brought these off son to win the NZMMRC Junior Open Title - they are damn fast, and come with proper race tires, not those chinese ones...
heres what they are roughly priced at
2 x ZPF/Z1 @ $500 base cost each = $1000.00
2 x Sets SAVA Race Slicks @ $350 per set = $700

PLus the $$$ the previous owner spent on various bearings and stainless blots ($300+),
One bike does need the clutch replaced but that would cost all of $100 if that, one has a quick turn throttle, the fairings provided look a little tatty but I never ran the bikes with the fairings.
Ill have to take some up to date photos tomorrow but here are the ones I have on file
Im in Dunedin, So I would think the easiest way to transport would be BikeTranz

Sorry about that I was just in the middle of updating my details as I realised in my details I had my old email address, so back online now.
Looks like you have got some cool cicles allright, we havn't got anyone in our club with ZPFs yet as most have the cheap daytonas then B1 reps, GRC/GP3 reverse reps and a couple of genuine Blatas and Polinis so it would be awesum to see a couple of those come north, best of luck and I will direct all our club members to this posting to have a gander, cheers again Mike.

DrunkenMistake
12th July 2011, 21:42
Sorry about that I was just in the middle of updating my details as I realised in my details I had my old email address, so back online now.
Looks like you have got some cool cicles allright, we havn't got anyone in our club with ZPFs yet as most have the cheap daytonas then B1 reps, GRC/GP3 reverse reps and a couple of genuine Blatas and Polinis so it would be awesum to see a couple of those come north, best of luck and I will direct all our club members to this posting to have a gander, cheers again Mike.

Thanks mate, im not too settled on a price, if an offers made ill say higher yes after a bit of a think.

888mike
13th July 2011, 20:07
love to have a go. ive been threatening to buy one for a couple of years.
Best you come down on the saturday and have a look, bring some riding gear as in helmet gloves and some decent cloathing so you have no exposed skin and one of us should be able to send you out on one of our daytonas for a taste and you can take it from there, sneakers are the best footwear if you don't have flexible riding boots as you need to be able to move around.
I open the track at 12noon and we are there till around 5pm if its a nice day so don't be shy come and find me there ask for Mike.:yes:

nzgman
13th July 2011, 20:17
Hi Mike I will be there with my bikes ready to let loose getting a little behind on points

The Teacher
13th July 2011, 21:01
Sup Milli, I've signed up and will be keeping track of the forum. That fella in dunners sure does have a couple of cool bikes for sale. It'd be real good to get hold of them but I'm not sure if the funds can stretch that far. I'll try and get out this weekend with Leb and get the Daytona running

rapid van cleef
13th July 2011, 23:40
woohoo.another 'big bike' rider in whk that is not a chopper! my bikes off the road at the mo.......reho on hold for another 4 weeks. you be up for a ride out sometime?

888mike
14th July 2011, 19:16
Hi Mike I will be there with my bikes ready to let loose getting a little behind on points

Cool photo bro, as for your points LOL u still kickn ass lets hope the weather plays nice cos we aint ridin with that much water on track again, our carby bowls were half full of water.:rockon:

mr_penguin
15th July 2011, 10:45
Cool photo bro, as for your points LOL u still kickn ass lets hope the weather plays nice cos we aint ridin with that much water on track again, our carby bowls were half full of water.:rockon:

So no wet suits needed for the next meeting Mike ? i was going to get some flippers for turn 3 !

It's dam good to see more club members in this forum :)

Regards
Ian

mr_penguin
15th July 2011, 10:48

Look at the YELLOW Helmet !

Cool Photo :)

mr_penguin
15th July 2011, 10:50
Sup Milli, I've signed up and will be keeping track of the forum. That fella in dunners sure does have a couple of cool bikes for sale. It'd be real good to get hold of them but I'm not sure if the funds can stretch that far. I'll try and get out this weekend with Leb and get the Daytona running

Hey mate did you nut out the running problems you had with that daytona ?

Regards
Ian

The Teacher
15th July 2011, 21:04
woohoo.another 'big bike' rider in whk that is not a chopper! my bikes off the road at the mo.......reho on hold for another 4 weeks. you be up for a ride out sometime?

Always up for a ride but the rego on mine is on hold till the end of october (from memory). Definatly be up for a ride after that though

rapid van cleef
15th July 2011, 22:11
yeah, my rego is on hold until mid august. so you a teacher then?

DrunkenMistake
15th July 2011, 22:42
Ouch, I decided to put rego on my new bike, well new to me its 4 months old now, I had a 250 and brought a VFR 400, almost fell over when I paid for a years rego :sick:

888mike
16th July 2011, 09:42
Ouch, I decided to put rego on my new bike, well new to me its 4 months old now, I had a 250 and brought a VFR 400, almost fell over when I paid for a years rego :sick:

yeah the government sure knows how to punish you for havin fun, The Teacher just sold his 400 and gone bigger so i'd say that his next rego will scare the shit outa him. lol.
Have you had any bites on your zpfs

DrunkenMistake
16th July 2011, 12:32
yeah the government sure knows how to punish you for havin fun, The Teacher just sold his 400 and gone bigger so i'd say that his next rego will scare the shit outa him. lol.
Have you had any bites on your zpfs

Haha yah I just decided to put the rego on, I had my 250 on hold for 4 months and finally got caught about a week after I brought my 400, was taking the 250 to a Dyno shootout. And,
Nah, I havnt got them listed anywhere as id much rather see them go as a pair, just saves me some hassle, have thought about $1 res on trademe.