PDA

View Full Version : Spada VT250L engine wanted

mikel19
18th July 2011, 23:30
Hey team, wondering if anybody out there can help me try to find a motor for my Honda Spada, got given it and it has been played round with by the previous owner and had both heads removed. Iv tried setting up the timing but now have other issues ie parts from other bikes etc on it. Any how, dont really want to get rid of it so want to find another motor if poss. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

ducatilover
19th July 2011, 00:28
Most of the VT250 motors will swap over, only problem is the Spada motor was the best of the lot.
You may want to have the oil holes on the cam chain tensioners bored out a few thou, really carefully, to lessen the risk of camchain rattles.
Do you know if it's an original Spada motor? If so, it has different cams and to my knowledge different porting on the heads and a multi layer steel head gasket. Also they run a different CDI unit, more biased towards performance.
Good luck finding another motor, I had a Spada for three and a half years and had a spare motor for that too, but, it's all gone now :crybaby:

puddytat
19th July 2011, 14:55
there was one on trademe a few weeks back.....email if I remember correctly was
fas.4wd.xtra.co.nz or (03)3662374.
I got the tank & subframe of it:yes:

actungbaby
23rd July 2011, 11:35
yes was complete motor and rad too it didnt sell
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=390987206
am after engine as well

there was one on trademe a few weeks back.....email if I remember correctly was
fas.4wd.xtra.co.nz or (03)3662374.