PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington, Sat 20 August

BigAl
16th August 2011, 15:44
Reminder for those that want to come along and ride Pocket Bikes on the Mt Wellington track or have a look at what they are all about.

This Saturday from 9.30, 28 Tainui Road, (off Morrin Road) Mt Wellington

Cost to ride is $20, $10 kids. Minimum protective gear is ankles covered, knee pads, stout jacket, gloves & helmet (no visible flesh)

Rubber/Nylon pegs and side stands removed please to protect track.

daz71
20th August 2011, 17:13
I was up in auckland this weekend and thort i might check it out , Check what out max and myself was the only pocket bikers there W.T.F
Had some mean laps tho ,the only other thing that suxed was it chewed up a set of savas.

stallion
21st August 2011, 10:17
I was up in auckland this weekend and thort i might check it out , Check what out max and myself was the only pocket bikers there W.T.F
Had some mean laps tho ,the only other thing that suxed was it chewed up a set of savas.

haha, i got a couple of savas i could sell cheap, lol. you must of liked the track to much , ah!

mr_penguin
21st August 2011, 10:27
haha, i got a couple of savas i could sell cheap, lol. you must of liked the track to much , ah!

Mate this guy is getting quick ! first time a round edgecumbe in reverse
he was hard to catch and I like the reverse track done it a lot now !..

Cheap sava's ? i'm keen :)

Regards
Ian

daz71
21st August 2011, 10:37

Yeah the track was mean but ruff az i would only ride it again when i need new tyres.
And tyres are mine ian lol.

mr_penguin
21st August 2011, 19:56
Yeah the track was mean but ruff az i would only ride it again when i need new tyres.
And tyres are mine ian lol.

i've been keen to try the track myself but never made it up there... I guess the other put off is they don't run races's so it's just a track day by the looks of it ?..

Bugger i need new rubber to !.... enjoy them sava's daz you will need them to catch up with me hahah !! :bleh:

daz71
21st August 2011, 20:40
i've been keen to try the track myself but never made it up there... I guess the other put off is they don't run races's so it's just a track day by the looks of it ?..

Bugger i need new rubber to !.... enjoy them sava's daz you will need them to catch up with me hahah !! :bleh:

Yeah track days are only good when chasing mates like you ,makes me go faster

BigAl
21st August 2011, 20:54
Glad you enjoyed it, there were a couple of us from Ham that couldn't make it this month.

If you have a close look at your tyres i think you will find that you haven't *chewed them up* but rather picked up extra rubber off the track as Mt Wellington has heaps of rubber laid down and that is why it is so slippery when wet. Just peels off.

Past savas(MAs at that) on my bikes have lasted 2 years mainly running at Mt Welly in the early days. Unless maybe you were running them with low pressures therefore over heating them.

mr_penguin
22nd August 2011, 06:03
Glad you enjoyed it, there were a couple of us from Ham that couldn't make it this month.

If you have a close look at your tyres i think you will find that you haven't *chewed them up* but rather picked up extra rubber off the track as Mt Wellington has heaps of rubber laid down and that is why it is so slippery when wet. Just peels off.

Past savas(MAs at that) on my bikes have lasted 2 years mainly running at Mt Welly in the early days. Unless maybe you were running them with low pressures therefore over heating them.

Out of interest what pressures have you been running in your sava's BigAl ?

mr_penguin
22nd August 2011, 06:06
Yeah track days are only good when chasing mates like you ,makes me go faster

Sounds like the next few meetings are gunna be fun then :)

Just pin a target on that yellow helmet hahah can't have him winning all the time hahah

BigAl
22nd August 2011, 13:09
Out of interest what pressures have you been running in your sava's BigAl ?

I'm only a lightwt and tend to run around 30psi in summer and 25psi in winter, remember the higher the pressure the colder the tyre runs. :msn-wink: