PDA

View Full Version : "Invisible" motorcycle created

Bob
15th September 2011, 23:54
A West Michigan man has created a "nearly invisible" motorcycle.

Joey Ruiter based his "Moto Undone" bike around a 48-volt electric engine that tops out at 30mph, encased in a highly-polished metal box that renders the bike "almost invisible" as well as being totally silent.

The bike is not planned for production at present. An invisible, silent motorcycle? Drivers have enough trouble seeing/hearing conventional bikes, let alone this one!

To see an image of the "invisible" bike: http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/web_moto_dean_ride.jpg?w=300

tigertim20
16th September 2011, 12:59
If I encase the R1 in highly polished metal, do you think I can avoud the speed camera tickets?

Murray
16th September 2011, 13:30
Whats one to do when hi-viz vests become compulsory????

slofox
16th September 2011, 13:50
My bike's already invisible...apparently.

Zedder
16th September 2011, 15:28
If I encase the R1 in highly polished metal, do you think I can avoud the speed camera tickets?

The pressure wave created at the front of a highly polished speeding R1 actually causes the camera to give out two tickets due to refraction of the camera beam.

Have you seen the mythbusters programme about trying to avoid the same with cars? Great stuff.

Haggis2
16th September 2011, 15:45
30mph on a highly polished metal box? - thats pure joy right there :facepalm:

tigertim20
16th September 2011, 16:01
The pressure wave created at the front of a highly polished speeding R1 actually causes the camera to give out two tickets due to refraction of the camera beam.

Have you seen the mythbusters programme about trying to avoid the same with cars? Great stuff.

nope havent seen it.Wonder if its on youtube

EJK
16th September 2011, 16:08
My bike's already invisible...apparently.

Ride your bike into women's changing room :yes:

Zedder
16th September 2011, 16:19

Good one, I can just picture it now.

slofox
16th September 2011, 18:51

Woohoo! Worth a try y'reckon? :wings:

"Shorrrry oshshsffiffer - I thort I wizzzinvizzzible...urp"

Oblivion
16th September 2011, 19:37
Woohoo! Worth a try y'reckon? :wings:

"Shorrrry oshshsffiffer - I thort I wizzzinvizzzible...urp"

If that fails, you could always plant the bike in there beforehand, and add a video camera for posterity ;)

slofox
16th September 2011, 19:46
Not sure it'd work anyway - seems it's only invisible if you're the driver of a car...naked ladies might be able to see it. Mind you, I've never tested that out...:woohoo:

The Lone Rider
19th September 2011, 13:52
Whats one to do when hi-viz vests become compulsory????

You'll be a man in high viz floating in mid air, going by at 30mph