PDA

View Full Version : Chinese pitbike question

emdaer
18th September 2011, 21:37
Are the Chinese pitbikes (Forza FMX70) any good for stunting? Don't wanna spend too much on a portable fiddy bike.

Plus will CRF50 parts fit in those knock offs, since they advertise them having a similar CRF50 frame.

blackdog
18th September 2011, 21:45
Talk to caveweta.

emdaer
18th September 2011, 21:53
Edit: Emailed his shop (can't PM since am new), and got an email from them stating I should "wake up" because it's a kids bike...Seriously at least answer my questions, rather then telling me the price. Am clearly not buying from them ever again! Don't know if it was cave weta.

Got a way better response from a trademe seller (same questions I emailed cave weta's shop). So anyone wants to tune this bike for portable minibike stunting. They stated that I should reinforce the frame and -1 front sprocket, and most common parts from the CRF50 will fit, but not all though such as the bike subframe is different so bolt-on reinforcement parts won't fit.

cave weta
19th September 2011, 21:20
Dear oh dear- you are serious aren't you......
I honestly thought you were taking the piss!

The bike is designed for 5 and 6 year olds

Yours seriously

Cave Weta

Gremlin
20th September 2011, 02:24
Don't worry cave weta... He'll crash when it breaks, and will say motorbikes are dangerous. :facepalm:

Mr emdaer, please ignore all the people who know what they are talking about (after asking their advice) and proceed. Please also remember to come back and let us know if these chinese bikes are dangerous

:shutup:

jasonmx
23rd May 2012, 06:50
Get a Pitster Pro X2 or Reaper Nf6 anything much cheaper will probably not handle bigger jumps, those 2 bikes are setup like a Bmx and great for doing FMX on, also crf50 plastics(what X2 & nf6 use)are cheaper and easier to replace than other models, so does not matter so much when crashing out on wheelies and jumps haha

Nova.
30th May 2012, 20:11
i disagree, i've had a Forza Fmx125 and currently a Forza Fmx140se and they have taken every single bit of abuse ive thrown at them.

Akzle
30th May 2012, 20:59
Chinese pitbike answer: no

AllanB
30th May 2012, 22:39
Other than the post above every one I've ever read on KB states they are a waste of $.

cave weta
30th May 2012, 22:42
Chinese pitbike answer: no

Visit a Forza Dealer and look at the bikes. If you know someone with one - ask them their opinion.

Chinese bikes were shit. That was then - this is now.

but seriously...... an adult wanting to stunt a 5 year olds first bike?.........

Nova.
30th May 2012, 22:51
people have misconception that all Chinese pit-bikes are useless and all they will do is break.
while this is true for some brands technology has come a long way, Forza, pisterpro,reaper, all good, but when you go and get an unbranded pitbike thats thrown together using different parts, and no two bikes are the same then what can you expect.

EJK
30th May 2012, 23:23
As I always say about Chinese pit bikes: "If you ever buy one, you deserve every possible mechanical faults you will get for having the heart to buy a Chinese pit bike."

Nova.
30th May 2012, 23:28
each to their own i guess.

fridayflash
31st May 2012, 19:54
Are the Chinese pitbikes (Forza FMX70) any good for stunting? Don't wanna spend too much on a portable fiddy bike.

Plus will CRF50 parts fit in those knock offs, since they advertise them having a similar CRF50 frame.

the guy asked a fair question really...if people can modify and stunt honda crf50's
and cavey says these forza's are comparably good..and in many ways better
then its a natural enough idea