PDA

View Full Version : Feedback please!

Sy
4th October 2011, 23:55
Jamie Adkins is the Central Road Safety Coordinator for Auckland Transport and is interested in getting a bit of feedback on some of the new images and proposed activities to help improve the safety of motorbike and scooter riders.

If anyone can give their opinion on the attached overview, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers :niceone:

maggot
5th October 2011, 08:34
They look generally pretty good. What do they mean by the 'ambient wrap' thing? Not sure I follow that bit..

JustNick
5th October 2011, 08:48
I liked the visuals in the Scooter content with the grater taking place of the road.

The "think twice before you overtake" poster I thought was a bit meh as there is no real sense of immediate or hidden danger in the poster, it's just a bike behind a car.

I liked the idea behind the Motorist posters with the opaque motorcyclist, but think that the motorcyclist may be easily missed. I know thats the whole point of the poster, but it may be wasted on a few people who don't actually see it.

avgas
5th October 2011, 08:52
He needs the word
SEX
in it. I always pay attention to that sign, an ignore the rest.

NinjaNanna
5th October 2011, 18:18
sad if that's the best that our best and brightest can come up with.

Sy
11th October 2011, 11:57
Thanks for the feedback!

DangerMice
11th October 2011, 12:09
regarding the ghost script for motorists, the driver says they checked the wing & rear mirrors, yet we see they still hit the rider. Then the outro says check both mirrors.
Well, that's exactly what the driver did, but it didn't prevent the accident. Shouldn't the message be check your blindspots, look over your shoulder etc?

I like the scooter ads.

Spearfish
11th October 2011, 12:33
regarding the ghost script for motorists, the driver says they checked the wing & rear mirrors, yet we see they still hit the rider. Then the outro says check both mirrors.
Well, that's exactly what the driver did, but it didn't prevent the accident. Shouldn't the message be check your blindspots, look over your shoulder etc?

I like the scooter ads.

I have only just realised your avatar pic/widget/girl is breathing......

I don't ride on kitchen utensils so I'll stick to my board shorts and T.

Hanne
11th October 2011, 13:35
Feedback PM'd to you....

paturoa
11th October 2011, 17:13
The text for "Motorbike Raido" - It isn't aboout looking "harder" it is about looking properly. This means that before check both mirrors AND a shoulder look. So suggest that including looking should be a bit in there to emphasise a shoulder look, because simply looking in both mirrors leaves no look in the blind spot.

Suggest:

FV:… I needed to get into the outer lane…I checked my rear mirror…
checked my wing mirror…I swear there was nothing there…
Ghost: “I was there… coming up beside you in your blind spot”
FV:…I pulled out …my car hit something …
Ghost: “ Me”
FV: “There was this terrible noise…terrible…”
Ghost:” You pulled over… straight into me, I didn’t stand a chance ”
FV: I just couldn’t believe it…he’d just come out of nowhere…he
wasn’t moving…
Ghost voice: My wife … my three kids … I’ll miss out on the rest of their lives.”
FV: I’m so sorry…If only I’d looked properly
VO: Look three times for motorbikes, both mirrors AND shoulder look into the blind spot.

Madness
11th October 2011, 17:27
I'm in for a free breakfast. The Wynyard Quarter is a bit of a shit of a location though, surely somewhere with better access exists.

DangerMice
11th October 2011, 17:35
I have only just realised your avatar pic/widget/girl is breathing......

Yep, she's alive all right -> linky (http://iwdrm.tumblr.com/page/10)

Usarka
11th October 2011, 17:44
The text for "Motorbike Raido" - It isn't aboout looking "harder" it is about looking properly.

Don't look twice, do it right first time.

Sy
14th October 2011, 11:47
Cheers for all the comments, I'll let Jamie know your thoughts :woohoo:

Scuba_Steve
14th October 2011, 12:40

I like the scooter ads.

The text for "Motorbike Raido" - It isn't aboout looking "harder" it is about looking properly. This means that before check both mirrors AND a shoulder look. So suggest that including looking should be a bit in there to emphasise a shoulder look, because simply looking in both mirrors leaves no look in the blind spot.

Suggest:

FV:… I needed to get into the outer lane…I checked my rear mirror…
checked my wing mirror…I swear there was nothing there…
Ghost: “I was there… coming up beside you did you check your blind spot”
FV:…I pulled out …my car hit something …
Ghost: “ Me”
FV: “There was this terrible noise…terrible…”
Ghost:” You pulled over… straight into me, I didn’t stand a chance ”
FV: I just couldn’t believe it…he’d just come out of nowhere…he
wasn’t moving…
Ghost voice: My wife … my three kids … I’ll miss out on the rest of their lives.”
FV: I’m so sorry…If only I’d looked properly
VO: Look three times for motorbikes, both mirrors AND shoulder look into the blind spot.

+1 to these, but above in red is the slight mod I'd make to paturoa's edited script

Also I'm not sure I totally get the "think twice before you overtake" "ambient giveways" Bikes are on grass & the grater's on the footpath??? I'm confused:scratch:

tigertim20
14th October 2011, 12:52
are you taking suggestions for imagery?

motorbyclist
16th October 2011, 16:50
The road-cheese grater is about wearing protective gear, not dodgy riding - let's not confuse the message.

And as for the "motorist" ad - it would be a great waste to omit the "check your blind spot" message as that is how many of us get caught out.