PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin Minimoto?

minimotoaaron
6th November 2011, 14:59
im looking for people to run minimotos and minimotards in dunedin, if you have a bike and would like to race drop me a line.
if we dont get the numbers to run at the kart track we will find a carpark somewhere local.
i can also port engines and get itialian parts and tyres at a good price although you wont pay china prices for quality gear.
be sure to get a hold of me if you're keen i would love to hear from fellow riders down here.
cheers
aaron
christchurchminimoto@yahoo.co.nz
0210786690:headbang:

imdying
7th November 2011, 09:37
Hi Aaron,

We've been pretty quiet here of late, in part working on the bigger toys, but the injury toll started to get to high for some babies :baby:

We still have a dozen bikes though, and Dunedin is fairly manageable for us if you're going to get access to a track. We'd like to go up north, but they'd just run rings around our car park trained bodies on a proper track. With some decent practice though, we might be able to get enough skills to make a North Island excursion worth while for both parties.

minimotoaaron
24th November 2011, 14:22
id be keen to hear from you sometime.
ive talked to scott who runs the bike side of the kart track meetings he said he goes out there after work sometimes and said he would let me know when he does so maybe we could hook up for a blat sometime.
you gotta have nylon bar ends and nylon foot pegs though.
but definitly drop me a line id be keen to see your bikes.
let your mates know that we can run with the buckets if we get the numbers we can have our own class on the day cause apparently theres lots of time to run us on our own.
when i get a new bike im going to run ads in the paper to try to get guys keen again.
if you want your watercooled to rev past 25000 and you've got some cash im a wizz with the die grinder.
im building a jig to run bikes on the turbo shops dyno so we can get power readings.
ive got an inertia dyno for base line tuning just need a tacho and a speedo for it, it doesnt run air cooled though unless its a blata, but fits all other water cooled including gp3 reverse.
hope to hear from you sometime.
cheers
aaron

tigertim20
24th November 2011, 16:54
there a few people around who would be keen to get into it. my flatmate has 2 minimotos, the ones he has actually came 1st and 3rd in the 2009 junior minimoto champs.
He actually has his ones for sale because he doesnt use them, and there doesnt seem to be anyone down here that has a club or anything going.

If someone got it up and running and advertised it a bit etc, it would probably take off.