PDA

View Full Version : Triumph sales success continues

Bob
9th December 2011, 01:08
Triumph’s trend-busting success record continues, with the announcement of increased sales for 2011 globally.

The global market for motorcycles is down almost 50% from four years ago with a 7% decrease over the last 12 months alone. But Triumph group turnover increased by 11% to £345 million, with unit sales increasing by 7% to 48,684, and operating profit before interest and tax was £7 million up on 2010.

Owl
9th December 2011, 06:27
I think if Triumph continue down the path of bundling parts, they're going to see a major drop in sales for the future. Silly move on their part I think.

Flip
9th December 2011, 08:01
They produce a good product but if you want parts don't pay for them until they turn up, unless you like getting ripped off!

I have first hand experience.:brick:

Mark Nansett
9th December 2011, 11:00
I think if Triumph continue down the path of bundling parts, they're going to see a major drop in sales for the future. Silly move on their part I think.

Waddya mean by "bundling" parts?

Owl
9th December 2011, 11:27
Waddya mean by "bundling" parts?

Making certain parts available only as a package!

Example: 6 months ago my sprag clutch failed and needed to be replaced, which cost about $1000. If that part was to fail now, I could only purchase it as a package which includes sprag, starter motor, starter gears, engine covers etc. I haven't priced it here, but I wouldn't expect much change from $4k.

I just hope they change their policy and this practice doesn't continue.

MD
9th December 2011, 12:10
They produce a good product but if you want parts don't pay for them until they turn up, unless you like getting ripped off!

I have first hand experience.:brick:

Why on earth would you pay for a part in advance? Try another shop.

Bounce001
9th December 2011, 16:51
:brick: Triumph NZ

:clap: Ebay

actungbaby
10th December 2011, 09:46
Great news

I do indeed like there products esp the 675 street

Mind you the global sales decline is a worry no wonder honda seem to be lacking in range of there models
esp in smaller bikes disapointing must say

And here i was under wrong impression bike sales on increase in New zealand , last time talked to somone in bike
shop here said bike spares had increased not new sales < people buying broekn bikes fixing them up

There does seem to be more older bikes around than before classics etc , but be nice to have new teenagers

Riding not us 40 plus oldies getting back into it again

Id thought with imported cars and petrol prices going up get more people riding smaller bikes again .
this this where govt got have some sort plan insteed puting up acc levys

Triumph’s trend-busting success record continues, with the announcement of increased sales for 2011 globally.

The global market for motorcycles is down almost 50% from four years ago with a 7% decrease over the last 12 months alone. But Triumph group turnover increased by 11% to £345 million, with unit sales increasing by 7% to 48,684, and operating profit before interest and tax was £7 million up on 2010.

ckai
20th December 2011, 07:41
Well, I hope their sales don't go up too much. Can't make them too popular. Then all us cool people that own trumpies will look like everyone else that owns those soulless jappas ;)

Mental Trousers
20th December 2011, 08:07
Mine will still be cool and unique no matter how many Trumpies are sold ckai.

Shame the 1050 motor is 50cc too big for the main race classes. They really should've kept it under 1000cc so that anyone who really wanted to enter a Triumph could.

Stirts
20th December 2011, 10:10
:brick: Triumph NZ

:ar15:And Triumph UK
:angry: :2guns::tugger::angry2:

Mine will still be cool and unique no matter how many Trumpies are sold ckai.

Shame the 1050 motor is 50cc too big for the main race classes. They really should've kept it under 1000cc so that anyone who really wanted to enter a Triumph could.

I have a 1050 "modified" to a 700-ish cc Triumph motor sitting in the garage. It was destined to be thrown through a window. Maybe it could be used in a more “positive” way.