PDA

View Full Version : GSX250 performance problems

oakley1
12th December 2011, 21:58
hay iv got a 2004 suzuki gsx 250, the inline air cooled twin, and randomly while riding along, or when i try pull full revs the bike will just die, unless its a hot day and i get the bike really hot... anyone got any ideas??? any advice would be great thanks.

Ultrasonic2
13th December 2011, 21:26
i't very hard to diagnose issue like this from a forum.

this sounds basically the same issue as my zxr250 which is a float height issue brought on by worn float seats and valves. the previous owner changed the float height instead of replacing them.

ducatilover
13th December 2011, 23:40
Condition of:
Air filter.
Spark plugs/leads/coils.
Intake rubbers.
Fuel filter.
Valve clearances.
Carbs clean and set up correctly.

Have all these correct before properly going after problems.
But: I would look for:
Have you got a standard air filter/exhaust?
Does it backfire when you shut the throttle at high revs?

F5 Dave
14th December 2011, 09:32
yeah but be a bit more specific. So it will always work when really hot?

anyways post above check & confirm. But tell us if you have a fuel filter fitted. If you do I'd bet that it is causing a kink in the fuel line. that would restrict the fuel flow & it would run too low to run, esp if on motorway.

oakley1
14th December 2011, 17:18
yea once iv been riding it 4 about 45 minutes it will come right and not do it again until left over night, yes it has a fuel filter but i have changed it and there no kinks in the lines. air filter is standard but brand new and still has standard exhaust, and no doesnt back fire when coming down from high revs.

Ultrasonic2
14th December 2011, 18:24
what happens if your at 1/2 max rpm and you quickly rank it to full open

oakley1
14th December 2011, 19:20
it just dies as soon as you get over 8 and a half rpm, even does it in neutral, but then sometimes it will randomly die at any rpm, like lately its been doing it while im at the lights sitting there at idel

ducatilover
14th December 2011, 20:53
Get your carbs cleaned and set up.
I'd do for you it if you were near Palmy

Might pay to check/change your spark plugs too

oakley1
15th December 2011, 18:59
i am near parmy haha only an hour away

ducatilover
15th December 2011, 19:14
If you're down this way, send me a PM on here and I'll clean the carbs, check your plugs etc for you mate. :niceone:

oakley1
16th December 2011, 19:19
o mean cheers man will do