PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki RM125 crankshaft refitting

crispy
17th December 2011, 18:15
So i'm in the middle of pulling apart my friends bike, bottom end bearing is stuffed so just spearated the cases this afternoon, going to get a puller to remove the crank from the case (harmonic balance set) hope it does the trick. My question is has anyone on here been in my situation and needed to pull the crank back into the case? Did you hire a tool, (if you can, doin search on google doesn't bring up anything here locally). I'm considering buying a tool if i can get something cheap here in New Zealand

Taz
17th December 2011, 21:14
Heat case in the oven, put crank in freezer and crank will slip right in. No tool needed.

crispy
18th December 2011, 09:20
So i've read this with couple others trying same process. Obviously i've only got 1 shot at this so would it be suggested leave crank in reezer overnight ot just several hours during day? Oven about what 180-230 degrees?? And for how long? I don't mind doing this as i'm quite confident in working on it, just don't want to make a rookie mistake and don't do this properly an get the crank stuck half in the bearing and then i'd be screwed!!!

Taz
18th December 2011, 13:38
An hour in the freezer would be sufficient. Just warm the cases in the oven till they are hot. Don't need to cook them. Make sure you have gloves and everything is ready to go. :)