PDA

View Full Version : Dave Anderson Suzuki in liquidation

Ronin
19th January 2012, 12:10
Sad news indeed.

http://www.times-age.co.nz/news/shock-end-for-top-motorcycle-shop/1242997/

steve_t
19th January 2012, 12:23
Sad news indeed, especially when top dealers still can't make ends meet. I guess the shitty weather we've had for the last couple of months could have been the last straw.
It's weird hearing that bike shops are closing when petrol is relatively expensive. You'd think it'd be the other way around

Dadpole
19th January 2012, 12:32
That is a real shame. :gob:
I bought stuff there when I could have got it a bit cheaper and faster from overseas as they were good shop to deal with IMHO.

placidfemme
19th January 2012, 12:44
Never been there myself and I don't think I have even delt with them, but a shame none the less.

For those who know the guys that work there, get the mechanics to contact Bay Motorcycles as they are looking for 2 mechanics!!

george formby
19th January 2012, 12:45
Tis the winter of our discontent...

Regardless of what is said in the media or by the gummint, times in small town NZ are bitter. Businesses in my wee town are going under right, left & centre. Four restaurants & an electrical shop have closed in the last month, they have been here for years, it's peak season & the streets are empty. More businesses will fold in the coming months because they are not making money now to tide them through the winter, I'm one of them.
It's f-cking desperate!

Crasherfromwayback
19th January 2012, 12:47
Sad news indeed.

http://www.times-age.co.nz/news/shock-end-for-top-motorcycle-shop/1242997/

Especially after the nasty accident Dave had.

slowpoke
19th January 2012, 16:11
Aaaaargh! Real blardy shame, they were really, REALLY good folks to deal with. Doesn't seem at all fair 'cos Langlands are next to useless.

MD
19th January 2012, 16:42
Tis the winter of our discontent...

.., times in small town NZ are bitter. !

I agree and it is sad to see small town businesses struggling, they are the heart of small town life.

But Masterton is not a small town by NZ standards, which makes this harder to swallow. Masterton has a good sized population and is a big catchment area of bike riders and farm bike/quad riders.

If a bike shop can't survive in Masterton then us riders are going to do it tough if ever we break down anywhere outside of Auck/Wgtn/Chch/Dunedin soon.

george formby
19th January 2012, 16:50
I agree and it is sad to see small town businesses struggling, they are the heart of small town life.

But Masterton is not a small town by NZ standards, which makes this harder to swallow. Masterton has a good sized population and is a big catchment area of bike riders and farm bike/quad riders.

If a bike shop can't survive in Masterton then us riders are going to do it tough if ever we break down anywhere outside of Auck/Wgtn/Chch/Dunedin soon.

My bad! I posted in ignorance, not unusual I know.:facepalm: No doubt the same factors have caused this, the cash pot is empty.

Crasherfromwayback
19th January 2012, 16:56

There'll be a few in the bigger towns bite the dust too before it's all over mate.

scott411
19th January 2012, 17:06
Sad to see this happen, Dave had been around for a long time and was a good operator, had some very good staff in there as well, a heap of top blokes there with some hard times ahead,

hayd3n
19th January 2012, 17:41
sad to have a shop close
we had our honda one close 2 years ago ,
but have had 2 more shops to replace it

Sliver
25th January 2012, 19:32
its never good when any good honest business close

martybabe
25th January 2012, 20:02
I notice we've lost the KTM dealer in new Plymouth also. Sad state of affairs

RideLife
26th January 2012, 06:28
Northwest KTM in New Plymouth has not closed.

They have just moved to cheaper premises.

They are now at 4/477a Devon St East.

in behind Mitchell cycles.

Open 10am - 6pm
Sat - 10am - 2pm
Ph 7599059

Hitcher
26th January 2012, 14:32
Sad news. Dave sold Mrs H her GSF650S K6 and was an absolute delight to deal with.

Edbear
26th January 2012, 14:40
Sad news. Dave sold Mrs H her GSF650S K6 and was an absolute delight to deal with.

Has she still got it? That was a nice bike!

martybabe
26th January 2012, 14:55
Northwest KTM in New Plymouth has not closed.
They have just moved to cheaper premises.

They are now at 4/477a Devon St East.

in behind Mitchell cycles.

Open 10am - 6pm
Sat - 10am - 2pm
Ph 7599059

Oh well that is good news :yes:

Hitcher
26th January 2012, 17:24
Has she still got it? That was a nice bike!

Indeed she does. And she has accumulated more than 100,000km upon it.

Pussy
26th January 2012, 20:23
Indeed she does. And she has accumulated more than 100,000km upon it.

... good that there is at least ONE serious biker in the family, huh?? :bleh:

Big Dave
26th January 2012, 22:53
Sad news indeed - them's good folks.

release_the_bees
10th February 2012, 15:43
That's a damn shame. They went out of their way to help me when I broke down in Masterton once.

actungbaby
11th February 2012, 11:23
Aaaaargh! Real blardy shame, they were really, REALLY good folks to deal with. Doesn't seem at all fair 'cos Langlands are next to useless.

I cant comment on what they where like as never been there but yeah is a shame any biz to go under
After so many years its not lthey new to the biz , in christchurch was same deal the worst biz surrvied out the 4 i used to deal with not naming names cause that not the done thing

Maybe most ruthless survive or just blind luck , i guess being smaller town too seems shame though
Id thought bikes where on the pickup again , i heard spares where selling okay

i guess time to support your local dealers that u like to deal with i must admit i went to repco
To get anti frezze when should gone to local suzuki dealship which is the same street

my bad does anyone know good place to get gloves in pammerston north for bigger hands
had no luck so far just want some nice fitting lots feel not winter ones yet more like mx ones like fox
had some before found them good

James Deuce
11th February 2012, 12:03
Watch out for Fagan Suzuki with Mr Anderson as Sales Manager.