PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung 2005 Comet 650

Joshyosung650
22nd January 2012, 10:24
Hay guys i have a water pump hose issue, which to be fair was completely my fault as i am a noob and just plain silly, but lets not get distracted by my studpity... Firstly, my bike was idling high around 3000 revs after i had the intake pipe replaced. I rode with it running high revs for a week :facepalm: .... anyway, i was heading home after work traveling on the motorway, 15mins later i felt a hot sensation on my leg right leg. I looked down to discover that the water pump pipe burst out of its hosing gushing radiator fluid everywhere. "Safely" maneuvering off onto the on ramp, i managed to tuck into a side strett where i could get some water into the radiator and i also jammed the pipe back into the casing.

Here is a link to the exact same problem - https://korider.com/index.php?topic=20219.0

Not sure what they are saying about the screws?????

The next morning i adjusted the idle to the right rev count. I now can ride around for bout 20mins before it starts to leak. From the link i provided, i am thinking firstly to buy some RTV silicone adhesive to repair it which i will do today.

Not completely sure how i should apply the silicone but im thinking that i could smear it on the pipe itself then jam it back in???

Ill see what happens then perhaps if it dosnt fix the problem ill go buy a radiator cap next and then lastly maybe a thermostat, which is like $81.50 hence why i wont get that till lataz. Ill inspect the water pump too.....

So for anyone thats having the same problem or has in the past, any help would be muchly appreciated!!!

Choice!

Guided_monkey
23rd January 2012, 18:29
I wouldn't be keen on the RTV solution. :no:

Get some loose material in the coolant and it will end up blocking all the small holes in your engine. Definitely detrimental to engine life.....:bye:

Fix it correctly.

Joshyosung650
24th January 2012, 06:51
I do agree as i have not done it yet because it felt like it would be a boch job. I suspect that the pump hosing is leaking as well and not only leaking from the pipe(any idea where i can buy a new pump or second hand?....im still riding the bike with extra coolant and water in my backpack. When it starts to leak ive been pulling over to let it cool for couple mins then on the road aagain. i travel about 45kms everyday and roughly every 15kms it starts to leak. In saying that, travelling home last night and only leaked on me once. It has a mind of its own. Its peeving me off because i dont have money to buy this and that....

Joshyosung650
24th January 2012, 06:56
I wouldn't be keen on the RTV solution. :no:

Get some loose material in the coolant and it will end up blocking all the small holes in your engine. Definitely detrimental to engine life.....:bye:

Fix it correctly.

What is the loose material called???

cheers

James Deuce
24th January 2012, 07:32
It's called "bits of RTV".

Joshyosung650
24th January 2012, 20:51
It's called "bits of RTV".

Seriously?? can i get it at reco or supercheap?? lol

what ive done so far is just applied the adhesive around the pipe and hosing and not inside. It seems to be okay, no leakage, but definitely temporary as it has only been one day....