PDA

View Full Version : Billy Connolly Route 66 TV1, 2 Feb 8.30pm

Murray
2nd February 2012, 12:15
Could be worth a watch as a well renowned Bike enthusiast!!!

ellipsis
2nd February 2012, 12:37

...you mean a funny git that rides a tricycle...

Lucyloo
2nd February 2012, 13:30
I read the book that this series is based on over Chirstmas and really enjoyed it. Am looking forward to the TV series.

Whisper
2nd February 2012, 13:57
I have read the book too....bloody hard case. Series should be good.:corn:

banditrider
2nd February 2012, 19:12
Got the book too. Didn't think it was that great but expect that the series should be a lot better. Loved his tour of NZ, Oz and UK.

NZsarge
2nd February 2012, 19:15
Got the book too. Didn't think it was that great but expect that the series should be a lot better. Loved his tour of NZ, Oz and UK.

Agreed, tv series were good watching, will be catching the program tonight. Billy as absolutely outstanding in concert, a must see.

scumdog
2nd February 2012, 19:17
I've done Rt 66 so it will be interesting to see what Connolly has to say about it.

(Most of it's shagged from neglect etc)

oldrider
2nd February 2012, 19:25
I've done Rt 66 so it will be interesting to see what Connolly has to say about it.

(Most of it's shagged from neglect etc)

I would really like to ride it too, I have a lot in common with the road! (not neglected by her indoors, just shagged by self neglect through procrastination) :mellow:

PrincessBandit
2nd February 2012, 21:53
I would really like to ride it too, I have a lot in common with the road! (not neglected by her indoors, just shagged by self neglect through procrastination) :mellow:

I was just saying to Balu while we watched it tonight how great it would be to ride it ourselves. Dreams are free...!

Bob
3rd February 2012, 01:32
I've been on a small section of Route 66, so was interested when Billy went to Selignan and met Angel (who was instrumental in saving as much of Route 66 as has been).

For me, the best bit about Billy Connolly's road trips is his ability to meet and engage with people and draw interesting conversations out of them. Makes for very entertaining watching

Compare to Charley Boorman's latest thing in Canada. You learned little about the place and people, it was more a jaunt for Charley and team caught on camera. I've spoken to Charley and he is an engaging and entertaining person, so I don't get the direction of his shows. They just seem to miss somewhere.

JimO
3rd February 2012, 06:44
. Billy as absolutely outstanding in concert, a must see.

not the last time i saw him he was average at best

Katman
3rd February 2012, 07:40
Trikes are ghey.

Owl
3rd February 2012, 11:28
Trikes are ghey.

Thought Billy may be too after seeing his girly embroidered jeans.:facepalm:

NZsarge
3rd February 2012, 12:34
not the last time i saw him he was average at best

Fair enough, when I saw him after the concert was finished my stomach and face muscles ached from laughing so much.

slofox
3rd February 2012, 13:36
I'd prolly enjoy it more if he was on a motorbike instead of a motorised armchair.

Swoop
3rd February 2012, 15:30
Trikes' are cars.
Just ask Spank.

Sharry
3rd February 2012, 18:54
Billy's tour of 66 last night was awesome. I liked the way he talked to people easily and stopped on the way to investigate local life.

Trikes are ghey.

I am happy in my gheyness thank you :Punk:

And when I get too old to jump onto a motor bike I shall get another one :banana:

Katman
3rd February 2012, 19:04
I am happy in my gheyness thank you

Point proven.

merv
3rd February 2012, 21:09
I'm liking what I've seen of his show so far. We've only done the Arizona part of Route 66 from Flagstaff to Kingman. Did it last year in January - middle of winter so it was in a hired RAV4, not on a bike. Loved it snow everywhere.

These pics are from the lovely town of Williams Arizona where we stayed the night - at Holiday Inn of course.

We looked at going to Cruiser's for lunch, but bugger it was shut for winter.

So we ended up at Twisters instead - classic decor and good signage. That sign about everyone making us happy could apply to the inmates on KB of course.
256562 256565 256566 256567

Plenty of snow on the streets.

I'll enjoy it more when Billy gets to the bits I've seen.