PDA

View Full Version : 13 part TV series "Talking Motorbikes"

Duke girl
6th February 2012, 16:50
For those of you who maybe interested in watching a Brand New 13 Part Series on TV called "Talking Motorbikes" Starting with Series 1 tonight on Cue TV Channel 110 on Sky or Channel 23 on Freeview at 8pm. Produced by Bill Hohepa.
Enjoy. :)

Geeen
6th February 2012, 17:07

Um???????

Duke girl
6th February 2012, 18:40
Well the November issue of the Motorcycle Trader has advertised this Series stating that it is starting on Monday 6th Feb 2012 so l guess we will just have to see who is right and who is wrong. :)

Coolz
6th February 2012, 18:55
I just flipped on to chanel 110 and scrolled through their menu, no mention of motorcycles for tonight. The nuclear thing is on at 8pm.

Grumph
6th February 2012, 18:56
Mo Haley was telling me about this series at the GP...reckons no one will talk to him after his bit airs. Said he got stuck in about false histories and fake classics.....about time too.

Pity I can't get either of the advertised channels.

Duke girl
6th February 2012, 19:06
Not on tonight but will start on Monday 27th Feb 8pm as they put it up on the screen before the start of the 8pm show thats on now. My apologies to you all but l was only going by what was advertised in the November issue of the Motorcycle Trader page 19.

crystalball
6th February 2012, 19:25
For those of you who maybe interested in watching a Brand New 13 Part Series on TV called "Talking Motorbikes" Starting with Series 1 tonight on Cue TV Channel 110 on Sky or Channel 23 on Freeview at 8pm. Produced by Bill Hohepa.
Enjoy. :)

I thought Bill Hohepa was dead and was only into fishing. :mellow: yellow

Virago
6th February 2012, 19:32
Even Google has never heard of it?

Edit - could be "Bill Hohepa Talks Motorcycles".

nosebleed
6th February 2012, 20:26
I thought Bill Hohepa was dead and was only into fishing. :mellow: yellow

You're right to connect death and fishing with Hohepa, just not his.

Duke girl
7th February 2012, 06:59
Find a copy of the November issue of Motorcycle Trader and turn to page 19 and you can see for yourself as there is a photo of Bill Hohepa standing next to a 1942 Indian. He is talking to Bill Troughton who owns the bike.

Geeen
7th February 2012, 17:52
I only posted the pic coz I tried to set my pvr to tape it. Will do on 27th. Thanks

bruuum

Duke girl
27th February 2012, 06:37
Keeping my fingers crossed tonight that the New Series of "Talking Motorbikes: with Bill Hohepa is on tonight at the times and channels of what the 1st post saids. Enjoy. :)

Duke girl
27th February 2012, 19:51
For those of you who enjoyed tonights Part 1 can enjoy Part 2 next Monday the 5th March at 8pm. :)

blackdog
27th February 2012, 19:56
For those of you who enjoyed tonights Part 1 can enjoy Part 2 next Monday the 5th March at 8pm. :)

Arse. I read this at 8.55pm.

RDjase
27th February 2012, 20:00

Was a great show Skippy, I wonder how much Bill will learn about bikes by the end of it

jellywrestler
27th February 2012, 20:23

ain't no channel 23 on our freeveiw, there's satelitte and terrestrial think we've got the wrong one...

Duke girl
28th February 2012, 06:51
I'm sure Bill will learn heaps about bikes Jase and l wish there were more shows like this on TV as it would make viewing so much more enjoyable.
Bring on next Monday night. :)

RDjase
29th February 2012, 19:14
I'm sure Bill will learn heaps about bikes Jase and l wish there were more shows like this on TV as it would make viewing so much more enjoyable.
Bring on next Monday night. :)

Another chance to see the show. He has done a series "Talking Trucks" as well

http://www.talkingmotorbikes.co.nz/

Welcome to Talking Motorbikes.

This is the support webpage for our new TV series Talking Motorbikes and hosted by Bill Hohepa.

The series began on Monday 27th February 2012 at 8pm on Cue TV Sky Channel 110 or freeview 23 (you need the sky dish to access the freeview version) It repeats on Tuesdays at 8am, Thursdays at 5pm and Saturdays at 2pm so plenty of opportunity to catch the show.

If you have an old or unusual motorbike and would like to see it featured on the show then email us here or call us on (09)536-5327

The show is in association with Drury Performance Centre for all your motorbike service and repairs and Drury Tires.
Phone Mike or Richard for a deal on 09 294 7955 or Mobile 021 225 2142 -
257 Great South Rd, Drury, Auckland. Check out their webpage here

Also

Linda and Bill have a Can-am Spyder which they've bought to do their filming from, a safe and steady platform they say.

To begin your quest to look for a Can-am Spyder we recommend to start at either TSS Red Baron or Bat out of Hell a hell of a lot of fun!

To contact us phone (09)536

RDjase
5th March 2012, 18:44
Episode 2: Bill talks to Brian Thomas about the Kriedler 50cc bike he built. Bill talks to Brian's son Garth about Brian's other bikes he's built. Then Bill talks to Lynda Maddock about her racing 1926 AJS. Then Bill talks to young Scout Fletcher about riding Lynda's AJS on the track at Pukekohe.

It's on in 15 minutes !

Bikemad
5th March 2012, 18:52
cheers Jase

RDjase
5th March 2012, 19:31
cheers Jase

No worries mate, I will have to watch the repeats, Freeveiw dish is on a funny angle after the weekends storm

Are you going to the Nats at HD in 2 weeks?

blackdog
5th March 2012, 19:33
Wicked. Cheers for the reminder.

scumdog
5th March 2012, 19:39
Watched it, not to bad, mainly about classic bikes - and classic racers.

Duke girl
5th March 2012, 19:48
Really enjoying this Series and listening to the owners of their machines Bill is chatting with and the conversations he is having with them about the history of their bike.
Tonights was extra good because it was about a lady by the name of Lynda who use to race a few years ago on a 1926 AJS under the number 11.
Awesome viewing.
Also a young Female Racer from ChristChurch who Peter Jones has had alot to do with her and her Racing down Sth on the Streetstock 150's by the name of
Scout Fletcher who took Lynda's 1926 AJS out on the track at The Classic Meeting at Pukekohe in February.
Very Talented young Racer.

Bikemad
5th March 2012, 20:09
No worries mate, I will have to watch the repeats, Freeveiw dish is on a funny angle after the weekends storm

if i'm not working i'll be there............be good to catch up man and meet ya young fella
enjoyed the show tonight..........never heard of Brian Thomas before...........some kind of genius i reckon
and Scout Fletcher.........what a neat kid

RDjase
7th March 2012, 18:30

I freeveiw dish is fixed ! Had half pulled the cable out of the reciever thing (LNB?)

Ready to watch the rerun at 5pm tomorro, must get home from work quick

Scout is a great kid, the SS150 racers had some very close racing at the SI nats rounds, Had a good talk to her parents at Levels, Nick (her Dad) has a T20 pre72 bike, Must get mine back together............

RDjase
11th March 2012, 08:51
Episode three

On Monday 18th March: Episode 3: Bill talks to Bill Troughton about his old 1942 Indian, his 1936 Royal Enfield and his 1961 Triumph Tigeress scooter. Then he talks to Alan Wright about his 1969 Norton, and finally Bill takes a ride with the Hells Angels on their recent charity run for the Red Cross. Some 250 odd bikes attended and about 8 police cars.

Kornholio
11th March 2012, 09:52
ain't no channel 23 on our freeveiw, there's satelitte and terrestrial think we've got the wrong one...

Me too bugger it :/

RDjase
11th March 2012, 13:14
Me too bugger it :/

Mines just got a dish. Had to do the setup on it again to get Prime and then Cue started working too, TV3 +1 did as well. Handy for watching TV3 a hour later when programs clash

Duke girl
12th March 2012, 08:52
Episode three

Episode 3 is on tonight Jason not the 18th which is a Sunday ok?
All new episodes start on a Monday night at 8pm with repeats of those episodes on that week during the week so those who can't watch on a Monday night will have a chance to still see it during the week.
Just go to the Cue TV website and click on guide to find out what times it is showing during the week.

RDjase
12th March 2012, 16:06
Episode 3 is on tonight Jason not the 18th which is a Sunday ok?
All new episodes start on a Monday night at 8pm with repeats of those episodes on that week during the week so those who can't watch on a Monday night will have a chance to still see it during the week.

Copy and paste straight from Bills web site lol, Bill must have fat fingers and can't type any good, and I dont proof read either

http://www.talkingmotorbikes.co.nz/TVepisodes.htm

dangerous
12th March 2012, 16:28

Um???????
whats that web site ya get all them there channels on?
its monday night I need to know were to find this series on something other than rich mans sky?
and what the hell is Cue TV?

scumdog
12th March 2012, 16:38
its monday night I need to know were to find this series on something other than rich mans sky?

Down here it's the Invercargill channel.

RDjase
12th March 2012, 18:13

http://www.cuetv.co.nz/

http://www.cuetv.co.nz/index.php?pageLoad=11

unstuck
12th March 2012, 18:19
Bill,s a great bloke, and was a truck driver before deciding to persue a career in fishing(his main passion) and has always been interested in all things mechanical.:yes:

dangerous
12th March 2012, 18:50
http://www.cuetv.co.nz/

http://www.cuetv.co.nz/index.php?pageLoad=11

thanks... but how the fark does that work, we have a new fancy free view TV but it goes from chanel 22 (parlament tv) to chanel 28 (chinese tv) weres me ch23 at???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? :sweatdrop

Duke girl
14th March 2012, 06:50
Seems to me that those who have Freeview dont seem to have channel 23 which l cant understand y not. All l can say is get in contact with them and find out what the hell is going on.
Just wondering whether or not they will eventually bring out this 13 Part Series on DVD so therefore those of you out there who haven't been able to watch it on TV will still get a chance to see it through DVD. :)

RDjase
15th March 2012, 21:38
Seems to me that those who have Freeview dont seem to have channel 23 which l cant understand y not. All l can say is get in contact with them and find out what the hell is going on.
Just wondering whether or not they will eventually bring out this 13 Part Series on DVD so therefore those of you out there who haven't been able to watch it on TV will still get a chance to see it through DVD. :)
l
Found some info on a old freeveiw tuning sheet and it says Cue on 23 (satallite only)

RDjase
15th March 2012, 21:50

http://www.freeviewnz.tv/tv-guide.aspx

Some channels are on Satallite and UHF, some only on satallite, some only on UHF

You can tell from the symbol in the channel number

dangerous
16th March 2012, 04:53
Some channels are on Satallite and UHF, some only on satallite, some only on UHFwhats that mean? free vlew aint free or i need a dish?

cruza
19th March 2012, 07:34
whats that mean? free vlew aint free or i need a dish?

prob just a dish. Fi hooking ours up tonite I think, be interesting if old sky dish will work and do the job.

raziel1983
19th March 2012, 17:57
Host is awful, some interesting people on the show but Bill is a crap interviewer and seems to know very little about bikes in general??

scumdog
19th March 2012, 18:01
Host is awful, some interesting people on the show but Bill is a crap interviewer and seems to know very little about bikes in general??

Yeah, gotta admit he comes across that way...

scumdog
19th March 2012, 19:03
It's on now...:yes:

Duke girl
20th March 2012, 17:30
I couldn't believe :wacko: that l missed last nights episode after telling everyone else what time it is on. :yes: Thank goodness they do repeats of it during the week.
Time to change the colour of my hair l think. :) :laugh: