PDA

View Full Version : Ducati owners looking to sell?

Bob
14th February 2012, 01:12
The financial markets are postulating that Ducati’s owners, private equity firm Investindustrial, are looking to sell the iconic brand.

Reports say that the head of Investindustrial, Andrea Bonomi, expects to raise up to EUR 1 billion, but wants to sell to a single buyer.

Volkswagen – who have stated possible interest in the past (and who entered into an initially promising but ultimately sour tie-up with Suzuki) are thought to be one of the main contenders for the purchase, along with Indian company Mahindra & Mahindra, who already make scooters plus a 110cc motorcycle, the Stallio.

14th February 2012, 13:00
The financial markets are postulating that Ducati’s owners, private equity firm Investindustrial, are looking to sell the iconic brand.

Reports say that the head of Investindustrial, Andrea Bonomi, expects to raise up to EUR 1 billion, but wants to sell to a single buyer.

Volkswagen – who have stated possible interest in the past (and who entered into an initially promising but ultimately sour tie-up with Suzuki) are thought to be one of the main contenders for the purchase, along with Indian company Mahindra & Mahindra, who already make scooters plus a 110cc motorcycle, the Stallio.

I could see bottom dropping out of the value of Ducati bikes if Indians buy into it.:rolleyes:

oneofsix
14th February 2012, 13:05
I could see bottom dropping out of the value of Ducati bikes if Indians buy into it.:rolleyes:

HDs seem to hold their own with Indian parts :jerry:. Then there are the car companies that are now Indian. All depends how it is done and the Indians seem adapt at keeping a low public profile with these brands. You might spend less time fixing them after the Indians a Germans grab a slice of the action. :laugh:

14th February 2012, 14:30
HDs seem to hold their own with Indian parts :jerry:. Then there are the car companies that are now Indian. All depends how it is done and the Indians seem adapt at keeping a low public profile with these brands. You might spend less time fixing them after the Indians a Germans grab a slice of the action. :laugh:

And I thought all the Indian or Chinese parts just rettle off HD's at idle :confused:

haydes55
14th February 2012, 22:31
And I thought all the Indian or Chinese parts just rettle off HD's at idle :confused:

What doesn't rattle off a Harley at idle?

hayd3n
14th February 2012, 23:04
show me a white man do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjJd5yHDY0

BMWST?
15th February 2012, 19:27

most impressive thing is he can do with all the prattle in his ear..

Mental Trousers
15th February 2012, 20:04
Shit, lets have a quick whip around. I'm sure we could come up with enough to buy them out. KB Ducati - I like it.

jaffaonajappa
15th February 2012, 21:03

Ok. Pinstriping an 1199....perhaps calling it a Royal Duke.