PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington Racing

LO UFO
19th May 2012, 13:05
Hey guys not sure who is on here that I'd know any more but thought I'd send out a message. Also glad I found some activity still going on with Minimoto!

just wondering if there is still any racing happening at Mt Wellington? My wee bikes have been sitting in the corner looking at me for too long now and need a good run :)

probably the wrong place for it, but I also have my two black Polini's up for sale on trademe at the links below :)

hope to catch up with you old familiar faces and meet any new ones sometime soon!

Cheers
Tim

Polini 911 Dreambike 6.2
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=476223122

Polini 910 Carena W/50cc open engine
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=476226999

BigAl
19th May 2012, 13:16
G'day Tim, Al here.

Yeah there hasn't been many of us turning up at Mt Welly lately, in fact today is the monthly bucket practise where we usually run.

My bikes could do with a run too & was going to bring Nic up but was too slack:(

Next mt Welly meeting is June 16th which I'll try to get to.

The Edgecumbe guys race first weekend of the month & have a strong following but it is a bit of a hike.

Cheers

LO UFO
25th May 2012, 10:00
hey bigAl!! good to see you're still knocking about :)

June 16th sounds like a goer for me as I have my final exam for the semester 2 days before and will be in blow out mode.. can't think of any better way than to do a bit of minimoto racing :woohoo:

do you still email out a reminder about it? maybe we could start doing a bit of a push to get some numbers down there for next month? be good to see everyone again

tim

Brendon001
6th September 2012, 21:43
Hi there. I have recently just brought a chinese pocket bike, and am keen to get it onto a track. Do you guys still hold meetings at mt wellington for my type of bike? Me and my mate(he also has one) are pretty keen to give it a go. Cheers, Brendon

G'day Tim, Al here.

Yeah there hasn't been many of us turning up at Mt Welly lately, in fact today is the monthly bucket practise where we usually run.

My bikes could do with a run too & was going to bring Nic up but was too slack:(

Next mt Welly meeting is June 16th which I'll try to get to.

The Edgecumbe guys race first weekend of the month & have a strong following but it is a bit of a hike.

Cheers

BigAl
7th September 2012, 09:21
Hi there. I have recently just brought a chinese pocket bike, and am keen to get it onto a track. Do you guys still hold meetings at mt wellington for my type of bike? Me and my mate(he also has one) are pretty keen to give it a go. Cheers, Brendon

Hi Brendon,

You can check the AMC Mt Wellinton weekends here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmxoZXQnCJzXdGllY042MDQ5OWhWMnRuamtBQmVJd nc#gid=0

The next weekend is the 15th Sept and if you turn up on the Saturday the organiser John will set up sessions for Pockets between the bucket practises. Usually around $20 for the day.

Just make sure your bike is track friendly, ie nylon pegs, any stands removed. Plus you have riding gear with no visable flesh.

I will try and get my bikes up there one weekend soon as they need a good blast.

Let us know how you get on.

Pumba
13th September 2012, 16:12
......the organiser John......

Just FYI, John has retired from the organisation role for Acukland Buckets as of this season. Henk (his name and handle her on KB)tends to run the Saturdays practise days now.

BigAl
13th September 2012, 16:42
Just FYI, John has retired from the organisation role for Acukland Buckets as of this season. Henk (his name and handle her on KB)tends to run the Saturdays practise days now.

Ok thanks for this, have met Henk and he seems a good guy.

Pumba
13th September 2012, 19:59
Shhhhhhhhh:shutup:

Not so loud. He might hear you

daz71
17th October 2012, 19:53

Its a bit of a hike for you but your welcome to come down to edgecume for a go

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?permanent=0&id=524062626&show