PDA

View Full Version : Harley that floated from Japan to Canada to be homed in Harley Museum

Bob
31st May 2012, 00:04
The Harley-Davidson that floated from Japan to Canada following the tsunami (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/149363-Harley-Davidson-motorcycle-from-Japan-washes-up-on-Canadian-shore) is to be preserved in the Harley Museum in Milwaukee.

The bike’s owner, 29-year-old Ikuo Yokoyama, says he decided to preserve the bike as a memorial to the lives lost instead of taking it back to Japan. At least 19,000 people died in the Japanese disaster, including three members of Yokoyama’s family.

Road kill
5th June 2012, 18:33
Having now seen a couple of pic's of the bike I can understand one reason why the poor bugger doesn't want it back.
That bike is toast.

JimO
5th June 2012, 18:40
and the bike didnt float there the thing the bike was in floated there

AllanB
5th June 2012, 19:44

That explains it - I figured it would go down like a anchor.

Haggis2
6th June 2012, 07:45

Same, but it couldn't even manage that properly

Bob
8th June 2012, 23:16

If you're going to be pedantic, you should have read the article referenced within the news item, in which it is clearly shown that the bike was in a styrofoam container. This is the beauty of a follow-up item (and especially one that references the original!) as it does not have to go over the full detail of the original ground.

(Being a pedant and getting facts straight are requirements of news gathering! and I've been doing this for a very long time now... :msn-wink:)

schrodingers cat
9th June 2012, 07:42
(Being a pedant and getting facts straight are requirements of news gathering! and I've been doing this for a very long time now... :msn-wink:)

Good on you Bob. Please request the rest of your industry do the same instead of feeding up sensationalised, irrelevant horseshit.
Rant over

GrayWolf
9th June 2012, 21:35

Same, but it couldn't even manage that properly

Lol Probably Poseidon took one look at it and, said "fuck no... If this is what god rides? Gimme a fuckin Triumph" and then threw it back.

Bob
11th June 2012, 03:11
Lol Probably Poseidon took one look at it and, said "fuck no... If this is what god rides? Gimme a fuckin Triumph" and then threw it back.

If you believe Bajaj's advertising team, god rides one of their 125cc cruisers. A few years ago the slogan "Feel like God!" was used to promote their new bike!

And of course, Moses had a Triumph, as the bible says "His Triumph was heard all across the land." Wonder if he had aftermarket end cans fitted?