PDA

View Full Version : NEW Triumph Trophy for 2013

GTRMAN
25th June 2012, 08:32
http://www.webbikeworld.com/triumph-motorcycles/2013-triumph-trophy/

Looks very nice...

dogsnbikes
25th June 2012, 09:27
Been waiting for this,we had already decided to upgrade the current Trophy in 4-5 years time with the new model Trophy :msn-wink:

Some links on Triumph fourm http://www.triumphrat.net/trophy/211276-finally-new-trophy-launch.html

GTRMAN
25th June 2012, 11:58
I wonder what the price will be...

Geeen
25th June 2012, 18:49
I'd say similar to the Explorer, does look like a nice tourer though. Only thing I'd change is bin the damn radio!!!

nallac
25th June 2012, 19:13
I have enough trouble finding the horn on my bike...this is too much.....

shafty
25th June 2012, 19:22
Looks bloody nice and lots of attention to detail such as tyre pressure monitoring, great tank range, power outlet in glovebox , bluetooth etc etc.............

Hitcher
25th June 2012, 20:01
Ooh err. That's got my attention. I may have to delay getting my Motus...

caspernz
26th June 2012, 18:35
Yeah that's kinda tasty...will no doubt end up on the shortlist for later this year...

Flip
27th June 2012, 13:53
Nice bike, pity Triumph NZ will be the importer.

GTRMAN
28th June 2012, 09:42
Nice bike, pity Triumph NZ will be the importer.

Bad experience with them?

Flip
28th June 2012, 11:05
Bad experience with them?

Yep paid for a box of parts that never turned up. Ended up with no money and no parts, I should have just taken them to the small claims court, but I sold the bike and gave up on them. When I brought a couple of cheap chineese trail bikes at least I knew that there was no dealer support, after all thats why they were cheap. IMHO when I brought a top of the line 1200 Triumph Trophy there was no dealer support, great bikes pity about the local importer.

Nowdays I ride a Harley, I broke a 5" headlight the other day, went into the local agent who asked was it the crystal, smoke or patterened glass one, said they stock all of these, went out back got it, charged me $70 and it came with a new bulb!

One bitten twice shy so bye bye Triumph NZ.

If you have a new Triumph you will save a fortune and a lot of stress if you simply import any parts you need yourself.

GTRMAN
28th June 2012, 11:52
Yep paid for a box of parts that never turned up. Ended up with no money and no parts, I should have just taken them to the small claims court, but I sold the bike and gave up on them. When I brought a couple of cheap chineese trail bikes at least I knew that there was no dealer support, after all thats why they were cheap. IMHO when I brought a top of the line 1200 Triumph Trophy there was no dealer support, great bikes pity about the local importer.

Nowdays I ride a Harley, I broke a 5" headlight the other day, went into the local agent who asked was it the crystal, smoke or patterened glass one, said they stock all of these, went out back got it, charged me $70 and it came with a new bulb!

One bitten twice shy so bye bye Triumph NZ.

If you have a new Triumph you will save a fortune and a lot of stress if you simply import any parts you need yourself.

Thanks for the tip!

yod
28th June 2012, 14:03
Looks like someone glued the front end of an ST to the back end of an FJR....that said, it's not a bad looking beast.
Although, if I was after that sort of package, it'd be hard to go past the FJR or Concours, especially given the notorious (lack of) dealer support from Triumph.

GTRMAN
29th June 2012, 08:28
So is it safe to say that there are few or none that have had a GOOD experience with Triumph NZ?

MD
30th June 2012, 10:36
So is it safe to say that there are few or none that have had a GOOD experience with Triumph NZ?

I know of a few people who have had trouble in the past with TNZ the importer/distributor and I know Hitcher got a raw deal with Aprilia issues. But lets not tar all the Triumph bike shops with the same brush please. No complaints from me that's for sure. I'm on my 3rd Triumph now, covered over 100,0000km collectively on them and consider the brand very reliable and not had to wait for any parts.

Actually I must live in an alternate universe because I have owned many bikes, covering most brands, and dealt with numerous Dealerships over 36 years and I think we are bloody lucky with the quality of bike service we get here.

Let me give two Triumph examples.
2004 WMCC sold me an America. First day running it in near Fielding and the battery terminal snapped off. It was 5.40pm. Ring WMCC, they ring Anza who had closed but got two mechanics to stay on until I limped at 5kph to shop. Welded terminal enough to get me home, no charge mate, it's a favour to WMCC. Next day, WMCC fit new battery.
Only fault I had with my 675 was at 20,000km odd the rectify died * I had a weekend away planned and they couldn't get the part from Auckland in time so Motorad borrowed the part off a second hand 675 on the showroom and swapped it back a few days later. No cost, no delays to me.
* Triumph fixed this on later models by relocating the rectify away from the exhaust.

Shit can happen with any product. It's the putting right that counts (wow, who said that?)

Geeen
30th June 2012, 14:11
I know of a few people who have had trouble in the past with TNZ the importer/distributor and I know Hitcher got a raw deal with Aprilia issues. But lets no tar all the Triumph bike shops with the same brush please. No complaints from me that's for sure. I'm on my 3rd Triumph now, covered over 100,0000km collectively on them and consider the brand very reliable and not had to wait for any parts.

Actually I must live in an alternate universe because I have owned many bikes, covering most brands, and dealt with numerous Dealerships over 36 years and think we are bloody lucky with the quality of bike service we get here.

Let me give two Triumph examples.
2004 WMCC sold me an America. First day running it in near Fielding and the battery terminal snapped off. It was 5.40pm. Ring WMCC, they ring Anza who had closed but got two mechanics to stay on until I limped at 5kph to shop. Welded terminal enough to get me home, no charge mate, it's a favour to WMCC. Next day, WMCC fit new battery.
Only fault I had with my 675 was at 20,000km odd the rectify died * I had a weekend away planned and they couldn't get the part from Auckland in time so Motorad borrowed the part off a second hand 675 on the showroom and swapped it back a few days later. No cost, no delays to me.
* Triumph fixed this on later models by relocating the rectify away from the exhaust.

Shit can happen with any product. It's the putting right that counts (wow, who said that?)

Well said. I've had nothing but good from Hamilton Motorcycles, my local Triumph dealers. Even when my bike decided to have a lie down in a parking lot, service was awesome.

Sent from my HTC One X

Flip
30th June 2012, 15:41
It's not the dealer I have the problem with, my issue is the thieving kunts at Triumph NZ (IMHO).

carbonhed
5th July 2012, 17:10
Never had any problems with my 675 or the Triumph dealers.