PDA

View Full Version : Muffler for a 250

limbimtimwim
8th September 2005, 20:38
Anyone have a muffler with.. Personality.. to suit a 250 they might want to sell?

Or recommend a brand who makes a suitable one?

I look on trademe, but I don't see much for me.

I know I am asking for trouble asking to hot up a 250, I hear the cries of "why bother" but then as someone else wise (or crazy) said "Somebody has to do it" ;-)

Monsterbishi
8th September 2005, 21:16
Just trust us on this one, keep the stock muffler, save the coin for when you get a bigger bike...

John
8th September 2005, 21:40
I know I am asking for trouble asking to hot up a 250, I hear the cries of "why bother" but then as someone else wise (or crazy) said "Somebody has to do it" ;-)

glad to see some of my infinite wisdom showing in the world, how is the current muffler attached is it flange or is it slipon?

limbimtimwim
8th September 2005, 21:55
glad to see some of my infinite wisdom showing in the world, how is the current muffler attached is it flange or is it slipon?
Heh, worse! No flange, just welded straight onto the collector. So I'd have to flange it, or just get a new one welded stright on like the current one.

I don't have a photo right now. But I could do one.

John
8th September 2005, 22:02
nope thats even better news if you ask me, do you have the diameter of the pipe? - I got one of those mufflers off Henry (www.motorcyclewrecker.com) I had to build a new flange up but it did the trick and sounds the part, you can easy polish it if ya keen - I am looking at doing it when I get some free time.

Right Charlie
8th September 2005, 22:56
http://www.geocities.com/krazyives/bikemnt/baffle-ectomy.html

Does it make the bike go any faster? probably, does it sound cool? heck yeah.

And hence forth i shall be known as the king of Dodgy Mods?

John
8th September 2005, 23:11
Easier way is to blow them out, key switch it abit down the road - saves the trouble - debafflings ok if you have a spare for wof's

N4CR
8th September 2005, 23:57

Nah thats me... if you go behind me at the lights you notice the steel wool and chicken mesh inside my zorst tip ;)

Rumble
13th September 2005, 21:43
http://www.geocities.com/krazyives/bikemnt/baffle-ectomy.html

Does it make the bike go any faster? probably, does it sound cool? heck yeah.

Funny that, some wally did it on my old '90 GSXR 250... I see thats what you own!
Never got much more than 19km/L compared to my other one where I was getting 24km/L
Admittedly when were raced the two, the one with the f'd baffles had the better top end, but it also caused the can to start rusting out!