PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki FA50 electrical problem?

inazuma1200
12th September 2014, 00:53
I recently purchased an 88 FA50 for a VERY reasonable $50 XD, the bike seems to run well and everything works kinda, (is even legal)
I am however having a bit of trouble with the electrics, sometimes all the lights will be very dim even at full throttle, sometimes they will be very bright and sometimes when you're riding they will decide they dont want to work at all...any ideas on what it might be? all the lights seem to either all go or none at all ( headlight, taillight, indicators etc ) im thinking bad earth maybe? not even sure where the earth is located.. HELP PLIS.

awayatc
12th September 2014, 07:58
Electrickery issues not always quick to find.... trace wires etc, spray connections with electrical spray or crc...clean frame where wires are earthed....

everything takes time my friend.....

buggerit
12th September 2014, 09:12
I would start by checking out the earth on your battery, I think the wiring loom earth returns to the battery area too (black wire, white trace is according to 1982 wiring diagram)

inazuma1200
13th September 2014, 23:19
does it need a battery in it for the lights and shit to work? it was in when they were turning on and off but ive since taken it out as it had no water in it anyway

FJRider
14th September 2014, 10:44
does it need a battery in it for the lights and shit to work? it was in when they were turning on and off but ive since taken it out as it had no water in it anyway

By your first post ... obviously not (all the time) ... but it may complete circuits. Put it back in and try it. (borrow a good battery)

felixx
14th September 2014, 18:00
Fa50 needs a battery, they are $28 bucks
the lights, horn and incicators will work then