PDA

View Full Version : Where can I ride a pit bike?

Fastie
13th September 2014, 12:46
Hey all,
So I was looking to purchase a 110cc pit bike soon, but the only problem I have is where I would be able to ride it. I'm not looking to do it as a sport but more as a hobby. :cool:
I like in Auckland and have a huge public park right behind my house, so I was wondering if I would be able to drive it in the park (far side, not close to walkways) since it is such a small bike.
I cannot ride it on the streets but I have often heard & seen riders on pit bikes driving through the park, I would just like to clarify this is legal and all that $#%^. :msn-wink:
Thank you all in advance, much appreciated.

Oh.... and if I cannot drive it in the park, where would be a suitable place to drive it? And also what are the laws about beach/dune riding.

Thank's Kiwis. :lol:

haydes55
13th September 2014, 14:57
Illegal. If you get caught. Technically the only place you can legally ride it is a farm with their permission, a trail ride or a mx track with a pit bike course.

So many people buy them and never use them.

Fastie
13th September 2014, 16:19
Illegal. If you get caught. Technically the only place you can legally ride it is a farm with their permission, a trail ride or a mx track with a pit bike course.

So many people buy them and never use them.

Oh I see.
"If you get caught."
Thanks!

EJK
13th September 2014, 16:30
Oh I see.
"WHEN you get caught."
Thanks!

Let me fix that for you.

nodrog
13th September 2014, 16:49
In the pits.

FJRider
13th September 2014, 18:14
Hey all,
So I was looking to purchase a 110cc pit bike soon, but the only problem I have is where I would be able to ride it. I'm not looking to do it as a sport but more as a hobby. :cool:
I like in Auckland and have a huge public park right behind my house, so I was wondering if I would be able to drive it in the park (far side, not close to walkways) since it is such a small bike.
I cannot ride it on the streets but I have often heard & seen riders on pit bikes driving through the park, I would just like to clarify this is legal and all that $#%^. :msn-wink:
Thank you all in advance, much appreciated.

Oh.... and if I cannot drive it in the park, where would be a suitable place to drive it? And also what are the laws about beach/dune riding.

Thank's Kiwis. :lol:

Riding it/them in ANY public place (Where Public have access) is illegal.

Parks ... and Beaches (including the dunes) are public places.

EJK
13th September 2014, 18:16
Riding it/them in ANY public place (Where Public have access) is illegal.

Parks ... and Beaches (including the dunes) are public places.

Looks like he's got no choice but to ride it in his own bedroom.

FJRider
13th September 2014, 18:22

With his mention of riding in the dunes ... I assume it's an off-road style "Pit Bike" ..

If the OP was to join a Motocross/off road club ... access to their circuits/areas (and such legally designated places) might be possible.

Ender EnZed
13th September 2014, 19:03

Riding around the house is what pit bikes are for. I don't understand how anyone could buy a tiny motorcycle and not ride it indoors.

Pro tip: unless you have soft walls you're going to want to wear a helmet.

haydes55
13th September 2014, 19:47
Riding around the house is what pit bikes are for. I don't understand how anyone could buy a tiny motorcycle and not ride it indoors.

Pro tip: unless you have soft walls you're going to want to wear a helmet.

ATGATT.... But are knee sliders overkill for a pit bike inside?

Grashopper
13th September 2014, 23:40
ATGATT.... But are knee sliders overkill for a pit bike inside?

Definitely ATGATT. They say the most accidents are home accidents!

I wouldn't bother with the knee sliders, though. They always made me get stuck at the door frames...

FJRider
14th September 2014, 10:11
Definitely ATGATT. They say the most accidents are home accidents!

I wouldn't bother with the knee sliders, though. They always made me get stuck at the door frames...

I wear the knee sliders ... carpet burns are a bitch ... :(