PDA

View Full Version : Star Motorcycles

zadok
26th October 2005, 12:45
Yamaha is rebranding it's cruiser range to Star Motorcycles.

"Now, a decade after the first Stars arrived, Yamaha is casting the Stars as a separate brand. Although they will continue to be sold through Yamaha dealers, Star Motorcycles gets a product development channel centered in the U.S., a separate website (www.StarMotorcycles.com), a distinct way of doing business, brand advertising and, Yamaha hopes, more prominence in dealer showrooms.

All existing Yamaha cruisers including the V-Max and Virago 250 will fall under the Star banner in ’06. The brand name may create a bit of redundancy on existing Star models, however. Star Road Star will take some getting used to. Fortunately, new members of the line won’t have model names that include “Star.”

http://motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0508_star/

Motu
26th October 2005, 14:20
Oh,kinda like Lexus eh? Y'know,I heard a rumour that Lexus were really Toyota's....now who'd a thunk that eh?

zadok
26th October 2005, 14:22
Oh,kinda like Lexus eh? Y'know,I heard a rumour that Lexus were really Toyota's....now who'd a thunk that eh?
That's right, they are. Mazda have the Eunos as well.

Waylander
26th October 2005, 21:10
Old news really mate, but some VERY nics cruisers comming out next year. The Roadliner has my fancy at the moment.

James Deuce
26th October 2005, 21:11
Me want Roadliner. Me talk funny.