PDA

View Full Version : Next Wellington race day 20th November

The Beast
14th November 2005, 09:42
The next round at Kaitoke kart track will be on the 20th November
Anyone that has a Pocket bike is welcome to bring it along and race at a $30 race fee, but safety gear is required (leathers or kart suit and pads).

Hope to see some of you there.

Ivan
14th November 2005, 09:55
Anyone got any spare ones or anything cause im keen

White trash
14th November 2005, 17:37
Safety gear! Are you gay?

We race in T-shirt and shorts.

madboy
14th November 2005, 17:46
Well that depends on how wonderful the one I pick up tonight is, as to whether I'm there or not ;)

The Beast
15th November 2005, 08:17
Safety gear! Are you gay?

We race in T-shirt and shorts.

Only gay people don't wear safety gear
:bash:

The Beast
16th November 2005, 14:31
Anyone got any spare ones or anything cause im keen

Sorry I don't think anyone does

madboy
16th November 2005, 16:14
Right, I've got the parts, now to put the bugger together... hopefully be up for some racing this weekend :devil2:

But I definitely can't fit on in my race suit, not because of the flex in the back (as I thought would be the problem) but because there is not enough flex in the knees to get my feet pulled back far enough. Guess it's cordura pants time... hopefully I don't bin it, otherwise I'll have to wear leathers to work!

The Beast
21st November 2005, 06:54
Well

The day turned out pretty good, we had a decent turnout of 12 bikes, 11 racing with 6 in the aircooled class and 3 in the watercooled class. A spill from me, and that was the only fall Im aware of (highside Yeehaaa:2thumbsup )

At the start of the day, my bike was running like a bag of shit! So practice ended about 4 laps prematurely. Come in, bung the bike in the table and try to sort the problem. Check the clutch, it was fine, check what ever else we could think of, then check the compression, ooh not good, compressions a bit low. It was time for the first race, hadn't sorted the problem, team manager say's 'just finish the race for points'. It was painfully slow. But still finished.

Race two came along, by this time we had tryed everything, then we realised the only thing we changed on the bike was the manifold to suit the B1 Rep styled carb, and when I removed the old home made jobby, it was a little bit loose. We then thought, Air restriction! So we take off the air filter and run it freestanding, it screaaaaammmmsssss liike it normally does, sweet, that's sorted.

Race 2, 3, 4, 5 I held second so I'm happy with that. We ran the day with no airfilter at all, not even a filter cover, picked up alot of shit, but it's getting as rebuild sometime this week.

We also developed a new style tyre warmer, douse your tyres in petrol, and start welding the frame.

We had 2 out of towners turn up (hastings) and madboy. Always good to see knew faces and more racers. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

madboy
21st November 2005, 13:16
We also developed a new style tyre warmer, douse your tyres in petrol, and start welding the frame.So the human skin on the tyre didn't work as planned then?

Yes, I had a blast. Not sure what I'm going to do about shoe wear, though. The toe sliders on the bike boots got rooted, but I can cope with that. When the sole started wearing at the same time cos of the angle, I can't say I'm too impressed with that - I'm not f***ing a $300 pair of boots on a minimoto!! However the $20 Warehouse boots worked well after lunch ;) It feels quite bad to throw away a perfectly good pair of boots after only an afternoons work... oh well, I guess it's still a cheap form of motorsport!

I need to work on foot positioning I think, cos as my feet touched down the bike would slide (which was mega cool) but meant that I lost speed and forward momentum. And since the bike has NO horsepower, it was important to keep the momentum up.

All in all, a cracking day. And what a fine start to Madboy Motorsport!!!

Thanks must go to the Team Extreme boys for selling me the bike. Completely stock standard (plus fuel filter & 7-tooth front), and the only work needed was filling it with gas. That's my idea of a fun day ;)

Coyote
21st November 2005, 19:59
Just wondering, the 3 watercooled ones there, were they the cheaper chinese ones or were they the flash italian bikes?

The Beast
22nd November 2005, 06:56
Just wondering, the 3 watercooled ones there, were they the cheaper chinese ones or were they the flash italian bikes?

No, they were the Chinese bikes. The black Team Xtreme bike with the alloy frame that was out the front is the fastest Chinese bike in NZ at the moment. There was only two, but now I think someone else has them aswel.

The new 'Weed Wacker' was tested, seems as if the ol' Half fairing style frame can't handle a big engine...will post up some pics soon.

So the human skin on the tyre didn't work as planned then?

No that didn't quite go as planned either, just ended up with a sore hand:crybaby: :D

Coyote
22nd November 2005, 09:42
No, they were the Chinese bikes. The black Team Xtreme bike with the alloy frame that was out the front is the fastest Chinese bike in NZ at the moment. There was only two, but now I think someone else has them aswel.
http://www.aaronprint.co.nz/xtwc2web.jpg

Is that the one that was up front? If only I had 1200 to spend on one

The Beast
22nd November 2005, 10:45
Yeah that's the one. They are worth the money coz they're friggin' fast!!

Coyote
22nd November 2005, 11:49
Yeah that's the one. They are worth the money coz they're friggin' fast!!
If only I had the money

Of course it wouldn't be the best one to start riding with, best to go for a Daytona?

madboy
22nd November 2005, 11:58
Of course it wouldn't be the best one to start riding with, best to go for a Daytona?Wait til March when I've paid for xmas and surfers, and a hopefully not too 2nd hand silver bottom end model will probably be for sale - depending on availability of the fast bikes ;)