PDA

View Full Version : John Campbell comforts dying biker...

HenryDorsetCase
20th November 2005, 11:31
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3484761a10,00.html

he's gone up a lot in my estimation...

A family is thanking TV3 presenter John Campbell for comforting their dying relative after his motorbike crashed at an Auckland intersection.

Campbell jumped out of a passing taxi and held the hand Piripi Pokaitarawikiriwhi, 29, also known as Phillip Thompson, as he died

NordieBoy
20th November 2005, 11:44
But did he pay the taxi fare?

But anyway, good onya John.

Just need people to do the stopping thing before the accidents :2thumbsup

onearmedbandit
20th November 2005, 12:25
Read about it in todays SST. Seems TV3 is going to try to highlight the cause he was fighting for, minimum wages and the youth pay rate.

Hitcher
20th November 2005, 15:03
I don't mind if TV3 concentrates on that soft left-wing nonsense and doesn't mount a campaign against motorcycles instead.

Indiana_Jones
20th November 2005, 15:59
Sweet Jesus.........If I were dying on the side of the road, the last f*cking thing I would want is that knob John Campbell trying to comfort me :thud:

-Indy

heavenly.talker
20th November 2005, 16:42
I rate John Campbell and prefer watching him to Shortland St, or Close up any night of the week!
He seems like a genuine kiwi guy to me.

SlashWylde
20th November 2005, 16:42
Sweet Jesus.........If I were dying on the side of the road, the last f*cking thing I would want is that knob John Campbell trying to comfort me :thud:

-Indy

How do you know he's a knob offscreen? Have you met him?

Hitcher
20th November 2005, 19:23
Sweet Jesus... If I were dying on the side of the road, the last f*cking thing I would want is that knob John Campbell trying to comfort me
Let's do an experiment to test your hypothesis...

Jackrat
20th November 2005, 19:31

-Indy
Met the guy last year,thought he was a prat with hair implants up til then,but he's a straight up guy and can handle himself quite well in a box on.Bet you didn't know that huh,you should put the word on him some time an see who walks away calling who a knob.:nono:

Skyryder
20th November 2005, 19:36

-Indy

Try dying alone. Even a stranger is better than no one. Had a guy at work a few years back have a heart attack; died in my arms.

Skyryder

skidMark
20th November 2005, 20:17

-Indy

id try make myself die faster if it was campbell imagine his ugly muck being the last thing you saw :thud:

SARGE
20th November 2005, 20:23
i think NOW would be the time to hit Campbell up with some Emails.. maybe we can get some exposure to the plight of bikers v 4WD's

EDIT: i have met JC Briefly through my side-job (voiceover work),, nice genuine guy

rather have HIM there than Holmes anyday

skidMark
20th November 2005, 20:26
i think NOW would be the time to hit Campbell up with some Emails.. maybe we can get some exposure to the plight of bikers v 4WD's

then id have to watch the show to see if he replys to our emails please don't torture me in that way

ps. RIP to the rider

Motu
20th November 2005, 20:57
EDIT: i have met JC Briefly through my side-job (voiceover work),, nice genuine guy

The phone message at Colemans? Sounds like you did it with one eye shut!

SARGE
20th November 2005, 21:04
The phone message at Colemans? Sounds like you did it with one eye shut!

yea.. im a little one-eyed about most things.. :doh:

seriously though .. that new Teecom ad on TV ( King Kong).. the end tag is me ( We'll Save you...) done a few Discovery Channel Docos and HEAPS of TV/ Radio ads since ive been here in NZ too..

SPORK
20th November 2005, 21:09

You met Jesus through voice over work? What's he like?

SARGE
20th November 2005, 21:14
You met Jesus through voice over work? What's he like?

no.. i met Jesus in the late 80's.. after an extremely hard weekend and $2400 up my nose..

he said he's not coming back and to please stop calling him about parking in the CBD

skidMark
20th November 2005, 21:16
yea.. im a little one-eyed about most things.. :doh:

seriously though .. that new Teecom ad on TV ( King Kong).. the end tag is me ( We'll Save you...) done a few Discovery Channel Docos and HEAPS of TV/ Radio ads since ive been here in NZ too..

ahhh so thats you personally that ad is random but great voiceover...errr ing

SARGE
20th November 2005, 21:19
ahhh so thats you personally that ad is random but great voiceover...errr ing

the high squeeky cameraman voice is Radar ( te Radar from the NZ Herald.. comedian, malcontent.. nice dude though..)

Ivan
20th November 2005, 21:22
It's all good to diss him but it would be a bloody hard thing to have that happen not even seeing the full thing at Manfield a few rounds back I still cant stay for ages in quiet space imagine how he feels actually holding the biker and feeling life pass away in your hands I feel sorry for him

Good on ya John

oldrider
20th November 2005, 21:29
seriously though .. that new Teecom ad on TV ( King Kong).. the end tag is me ( We'll Save you...)
Does this mean, when we go to the movie, can I tell my grandkids that King Kong is a Kiwi Biker and he lives in Auckland? Cheers John.

SARGE
20th November 2005, 21:31
Does this mean, when we go to the movie, can I tell my grandkids that King Kong is a Kiwi Biker and he lives in Auckland? Cheers John.

no dude .. i DID audition for the part of King Kong but they said i was too hairy and i would frighten the smaller children.. i just do the TV ads.

heavenly.talker
20th November 2005, 21:42

You can join up to site and email him there.
Go to tv3.com or is it tv3.co.nz and follow the links.

avgas
20th November 2005, 21:47
Big ups to all the people that do that kind of thing.
I was most gratefull for all the people who helped me when i have wiped out.

Lou Girardin
21st November 2005, 07:20

-Indy

The arrogance of youth huh? You'll change your mind.

Motu
21st November 2005, 07:45
the high squeeky cameraman voice is Radar ( te Radar from the NZ Herald.. comedian, malcontent.. nice dude though..)

Is he the same they got in to do the comparing at Rosebank Speedway? A real motormouth,and the local crowd gave him a hard time - but it was water off a ducks back,he's got a pretty thick skin...and down there they thought it was more than his skin that was thick....

heavenly.talker
21st November 2005, 08:23
I was thinking about this...

I can't believe you are bollocking a guy who did a genuinely nice thing. He Stopped to help/comfort someone in need.
With all the shite stuff happening in our world this is the type of behaviour we should be encouraging and celebrating!!!
Mouthing off is easy, bringing it isn't...GROW UP AND GET A BRAIN!

EDIT: This is only aimed at those on this thread that have been detracting.

Colapop
21st November 2005, 09:33
It's disappointing that some have had a go at John Campbell. He could have stayed in his cab and thought "fuck that, I'm not getting involved". He's a celebrity and has a high profile career. Do you really think he did what he did to get recognition? If so, I am sorry for you. And I sincerely hope it never happens to you.

SimJen
21st November 2005, 09:51
People have there opinions on tv personalities etc, get over it.
Lots of people do good things, doesn't mean you have to like them especially if you don't agree with everything else they do.
I personally think it was a nice gesture that you'd expect any decent human being to do.

oldrider
21st November 2005, 15:07
John Campbell TV frontman! Bit of a wanker!

John Campbell comforting a dying biker! RESPECT! :yes: RIP Biker.

vifferman
21st November 2005, 15:49
John Campbell TV frontman! Bit of a wanker!

John Campbell comforting a dying biker! RESPECT! :yes: RIP Biker.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :niceone:

Indiana_Jones
23rd November 2005, 20:24
I agree with oldrider, I respect what the man did, don't get me wrong, I just don't agree with his leftwing views when he's on the box, he's not bad at his job and I'm sure he's a nice guy, just don't agree with him :doobey:

-Indy

zeRax
23rd November 2005, 23:11
you all watch far too much tv,probably any is too much, any show worth watching is worth downloading instead of watching it on tv and giving spammy adverts the time of day!

Could have been that Judy Bailey whatshername...

She'd have checked his wallet for cash and demanded payment before saying anything.

Green rep to Campbell for a truly selfless act.

Mooch
24th November 2005, 00:11
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3484761a10,00.html

he's gone up a lot in my estimation...

He has my respect.