PDA

View Full Version : Triumph announce sales growth

Bob
23rd November 2005, 01:28
Sales of Triumph motorcycles are roaring ahead, the company said yesterday. The company said it sold 31,600 motorbikes in the year to June 30 - up 29% on the previous year. Turnover rose 42% to £125m while operating profits accelerated from £1.5m to £10.7m.

Tue Mantoni, the commercial director, said "Triumph's popularity is growing across the board and it is satisfactory to see that all our markets have performed well above the previous year."

avgas
23rd November 2005, 02:58
yeh well they have come along way. While i found the fact that they based more on the Sprint ST, Speed III, Rocket and the Daytona 600 this year, a bold move (seeing as the 955i was their main flagship). I guess this was just market demands and it must have worked for them.

Motu
23rd November 2005, 06:54
And the Bonny and it's derivitives,they will be able to milk that bike for a while yet.

Devil
23rd November 2005, 10:34
They're about due for a complete revamp of the daytona 955i. The new 1050cc unit would be an obvious choice...

Big Dave
23rd November 2005, 19:00
Nothing leaked as yet about the Daytona.
Seems what they are doing is concentrating on core markets. The 1000cc sportsbikes are expensive to insure in the UK/Euro markets whereas Triumph has a healthy share of the 600's - thus the 675.

Litre sportsbike buyers are mostly influenced by horsepower claims and that's a race the triple can't win anyway.

Rocket III is selling well in the US - next thing we are expecting is a 'touring' R3.

Sprint ST Speed triple and 675 all went through the Renfrew group for design.
All 3 are now world class motorcycles and hold their own against any comparisons in their class - from Europe, US or Japan.

The new Bonnevilles are brilliant bikes. Just like the old ones (without the oil leak and crap electricals), and the optioned up scambler looks fantastic. I'd love one - but they are a bit short for me. Mid power mid weigh and a whole heap of fun at real world speeds.

Tiger needs to go there next. Then the daytona 955i - which if you have seen how nice the gold one at AMPS is at the moment, a makeover isn't that urgent anyway.