PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson issues safety recall

Bob
24th November 2005, 01:21
Harley-Davidson has issued a voluntary safety recall on 2006 model year Dyna
series motorcycles built between June 9 and October 19, 2005. Approximately
13,400 motorcycles are included in the recall.

The transmissions in the affected motorcycles have a defect which under certain circumstances may allow them to go into a false neutral position even though the neutral indicator light is illuminated.

Paul in NZ
24th November 2005, 08:14
Christ on a crutch....

They would have to recall every Moto Guzzi ever made in that case... Poor yanks, imagine an unreliable neutral light... (I wondered why they called em idiot lights)

White trash
24th November 2005, 09:40
New six speed tranny's gonna need a little ironing out.

Paul in NZ
24th November 2005, 10:03
New six speed tranny's gonna need a little ironing out.

Do you mean the guzzi one or has HD got one... (I'd have to ask why they felt they needed one)

Motu
24th November 2005, 10:23
Typical modern thinking - a neutral light is fitted,so now it HAS to work,if the light comes on and they are in gear and let the clutch out,all injury and damage is Harley Davidson's fault.Now that a complete gear selection indicator is common place - if that fails and you see 5th on the display,but realy the gearbox is in 3rd,and you crash - then it is the manufacturers fault.Damn this world is stupid,my homeworld has none of this nonscence.

Big Dave
24th November 2005, 12:21
Interesting that now they have got the 'revolution' gearbox totally sorted too.

My mate 'the inspector' enquired if the gearbox was japanese when he had a burn on my 12X.

Really nice it is. Wave your foot 'near' the lever and it all happens with a deft click. Haven't missed one or hit a falsie on it yet.