PDA

View Full Version : Reevu MSX1 rear-view motorcycle helmet makes official debut

Bob
24th November 2005, 01:22
The Reevu MSX1 crash helmet, which features a rear-view mirror, has finally made it’s official debut at the Milan show. The MSX1 relies on a distinctive raised crown, which provides a clear line of sight from front to back, enabling the unbreakable reflective polycarbonate mirror to capture the view from the rear. The helmet is expected to be available worldwide early next year.

Korea
24th November 2005, 01:46
Shesh... get us all excited and then forget to post the link eh?

http://www.reevu.com/index.asp

The website makes this helmet sound promising indeed. I wonder if we'll be allowed to strip our mirrors for less wind drag if we wear this helmet?
That would probably never fly in NZ. Still could be just the ticket for my Exiv... In keeping with the local custom it has no mirrors.

Korea
24th November 2005, 02:00
Missed the actual view from the helmet pics...
...and the link to the other thread. Oops...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1015

What?
24th November 2005, 06:05
The helmet is expected to be available worldwide early next year.
Seen them advertised here already.

Lou Girardin
24th November 2005, 07:12
They're here now, around $799.00. And honestly, I wasn't impressed with the quality or the usefulness of the rear view. It remains to be seen what the aerodynamics are like.

kerryg
24th November 2005, 08:15
They're here now, around $799.00. And honestly, I wasn't impressed with the quality or the usefulness of the rear view. It remains to be seen what the aerodynamics are like.

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up witb a "heads-up-display" (I think that's what they're called? ....anyway .....like the fighter pilots have) for motorcycles so that some data is displayed on your visor...or am I talking shite again??

Devil
24th November 2005, 14:02
I'm surprised someone hasn't come up witb a "heads-up-display" (I think that's what they're called? ....anyway .....like the fighter pilots have) for motorcycles so that some data is displayed on your visor...or am I talking shite again??
www.sportvue.com

vifferman
24th November 2005, 14:06
On another forum (yes, I spend most of my time on forums other than this degenerated one) there were questions about the night-time performance of the Reevu helmet, because the prototype had no apparent method for cutting out glare from headlights of vehicles behind the rider!
Wonder if they've addressed that yet...

Marmoot
24th November 2005, 14:20

seen it and tried it (not on the bike, though) and I wasn't impressed either, especially with the build quality of the thing. I f I have $799, I'd rather get an Arai or Shoei.....they're always on special somewhere....

nudemetalz
6th December 2005, 19:48
To be honest I reckon it's too distracting. Just when you need to have your attention fully on the road and surroundings, you have this gadget blocking a third of your view. I reckon the novelty would wear off really quickly. Not for me thanks.