PDA

View Full Version : Anyone 1 modded their minimoto ?

Mattyc
30th November 2005, 07:39
A mate has modded his mini moto, and is gonna come race with you cunts once he eventually gets it sorted, hes got the PBU barrel, head and piston, and a wicked as chrome pipe with a massively long expansion chamber, different muffler, a 18mm carb with a nice shiny alloy downdraft sort of inlet manifold a whole range of jets, the compression is insane and he has broken 6 pullstarts before having to buy some mac daddy one from the states.

im going out to his place today so will get some pics of this trick shit, just got to get the cunt to run right now tho think the carb is all up the fuck

the carb is a flat slide even !!

SimJen
30th November 2005, 07:54
Is it a daytona 2?
I modded one with big ports and added a boost port, racepipe etc. Unreliable as hell. Got a B1 Water cooled Rep in the end and had no more probs but lots more power.
I've modded this one heaps too, big carb, porting, new bearings, reeds, squish etc. Fast bike now :) Beats the odd Polini etc.

Mattyc
30th November 2005, 08:29
Is it a daytona 2?
I modded one with big ports and added a boost port, racepipe etc. Unreliable as hell. Got a B1 Water cooled Rep in the end and had no more probs but lots more power.
I've modded this one heaps too, big carb, porting, new bearings, reeds, squish etc. Fast bike now :) Beats the odd Polini etc.

yeah its a daytona 2 this has windows in the piston and boost ports as well. what did you find broke on it ? was the letdown the carb ?

SimJen
30th November 2005, 09:18
just took too much messing around to get it to run well.
My B1 has been 100% reliable with shit loads more power. I reckon its not worth modding the Day1/2's. Just buy a better bike, stock a B1 will waste a modded Day1/2 so why bother.
Although it is fun modding stuff :) just that the watercooled bikes have more room for mods.

The Beast
30th November 2005, 09:27
My bike is modded to hell.
2 boost ports
Cleaned up main ports
Window in piston
Exhaust port
14mm flat slide B1 rep carb
Standard crank
Standard clutch
Performance Exhaust
STANDARD gearing (6/68)

The only probelm I've discovered with this bike is the air intake, and the lack of it, K&N style filter fixed the problem. With some stiffer clutch springs or an adjustable and bigger crank and carb we should be able to get it to go even better.

This is the sexy pipe that me and Jimmy both have:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19265&d=1130834322

Also Simon, the watercooled bikes are in a different class and I know of people who would rather just stick with a modded air cooled than move up a class. But yes the B1 replica's are a WAY better build quality than the aircooled bikes.

MattyC, what carb are you talking about? The standard carb?

Cheers

SimJen
30th November 2005, 11:56
some of the best guys in our Proddy classes are running virtually stock bikes, and just riding the wheels off them.
My D2 definately went a lot faster, but I was itching to get some more power so decided on the B1. As for build quality the new ZPF reps are supposed to be the best yet from China :)

Mattyc
30th November 2005, 18:30
ok just got back from a long hard day rebuilding engines.

the barrel , head and piston come as a kit in this puppy, its a PBU headstrong kit, the piston is 5mm bigger, the pipe is huge and the carb is a dellorto replica with a flat slide

got there this morn and the bike would not go, would fire and then stall, we decided to pull the bitch to bits once i pulled the reed block out i found the problem, the reeds have self destructed, fuck knows how, but there are bits of metal reed everywhere, off with the barrel , and i took the piston off too - no scores in the bore or on the rings, a little mark in the piston, cleaned out the crankcase of small bits of metal fully, buffed the dome up in the top of the cylinder, put it all back together, this is the first time the new carb has been on since it was machined out another 2mm (was 15mm now 17mm). we robbed another bikes reeds (he has 3 of the fuckers) and it went first pull, inital road test showed it wanted to die once you opened her right up, if you backed off a little it would get on pipe.

After much thought and a couple of lion rouge's (which i normally refrain from drinking but it was fucken 32 degrees in the workshop) i thought the little whore must be lean, so out with the jet and we re-bored it (he had already bored it once with a jetdrill) it got worse, so we reckon its just waay rich at the moment, so re solder the jet and re-drill.

once we get this sorted the next thing is Nos - using an emergency tyre inflater and feeding nos strait into air cleaner, it might work, it might not, least i can huff the leftovers

anyway was a 5 hour rebuild as there was a lot of fucking around going on and Ryan had to do some actual work in between

Mattyc
30th November 2005, 18:31
fuckenelle its the same pipe bro

did you get it off snoopy on tardme or from pocket bikes unlimited

is this similar to what you have simjen http://creatnz.net/50cc-watercooled-pocket-rocket-p-115.html

White trash
30th November 2005, 20:07
Well firstly us "cunts" are waiting to see what the hell your mate's on about. A Day 2 with all the fruit is still as slow as shit compared to a B1 or an Itallian bike. Trust me, I know. Can't wait to see you girls out there on it giving us proddy boys the learn on this hot rod.

The Beast
30th November 2005, 20:17
fuckenelle its the same pipe bro

did you get it off snoopy on tardme or from pocket bikes unlimited

Xtreme Power Machines, so I got it off myself

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 05:54
Well firstly us "cunts" are waiting to see what the hell your mate's on about. A Day 2 with all the fruit is still as slow as shit compared to a B1 or an Itallian bike. Trust me, I know. Can't wait to see you girls out there on it giving us proddy boys the learn on this hot rod.

Ive tried to tell my mate that but hes convinced this litte whore of a bike will go well, so ill just help him with it till he gets his ass whooped - i keep saying go buy a watercooled one, but he has three daytona 2's so i cant see that happening till he gets an ass whooping

Will have to take a look at your site beast and see if theres some other bits he will need.

the RZ6 watercooled bike - is that any good ?

See you cunts later

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 09:14
hey Beast, can you get any different jets for the dellorto rep carby ?

k14
1st December 2005, 09:22
By your description of it not running right at wide open throttle I'd say its too rich aswell. Does it have an adjustable needle? If so try dropping it a clip or 2.

The Beast
1st December 2005, 10:00
hey Beast, can you get any different jets for the dellorto rep carby ?

The watercooled carb, 14mm? Yes we do have them, they're on the website under performance parts, RZ6? never heard of it, what does it look like?

cheers.

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 11:40
naa , no needle on this puppy - flat slide, we will have to rebore then jet to a smaller size

what reeds is you "cunts" using ?

the rz6 - http://creatnz.net/50cc-watercooled-pocket-rocket-p-115.html

The Beast
1st December 2005, 12:12
Some people use the 4 petal reed valve, I have tried this and in my experience they were shit, there was an air leak. But others that have used them have found them good. Otherwise standard, you can buy CF reeds also, but the difference will be minimal.

The "RZ6" is what most Pocket biking kiwi's know as the B1 replica. And yes, it is a good bike. Considerably better than the air cooled bikes. A lot faster and WAY better build quality.

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 12:30
Thanks Beast

we ditched the rubber seal on the reeds and vee'd the carb side of the
reedblock and port matched it to the inlet manifold with the mighty dremel -

have you got a pic of a 4 petal reed block ?

How much for the jets for the flatslide carb ? the one that we had was 0.9mm

So that watercooled bike is ok, I may buy one for myself to look stupid on..

Whens the next race ?

what premix are you guys running in the aircooled ones ?

The Beast
1st December 2005, 12:40
Yes that is good aswel. Apparently the bottom of the carb needs to be re-threaded to fit the jets, because they are made for the B1 rep carb which is only SLIGHTLY different to the conversion kit carb.

The jets come as a set. I'm not sure of the price, but I'll post it up later when I can find it.

We mix our own fuel, 25:1 while running the engine in and then about 30:1 for a while then on to 35:1. The manuals say after the bike is run in, you can use 50:1, but we think that's too lean and 40:1 would be the highest you should go.

Cheers.

Mattyc
1st December 2005, 15:03
whens the next race?