PDA

View Full Version : And the Intl Bike of the Year Award goes to....

zadok
2nd December 2005, 10:23
SUZUKI

Suzuki's highly-acclaimed GSX-R1000 obliterated the competition to take a clear and dominant victory in the 2005 International Bike of the Year.

Hot on the heels of its recent win in the AMCN Motorcycle of the Year award, receiving the International Bike of the Year (IBOTY) further cements the GSX-R's reputation as the greatest sportsbike series in the global motorcycle market.

With a 100% success rate, all three generations of the Suzuki GSX-R1000 have been awarded the IBOTY title, with the Japanese marque winning an incredible seven times in the past 10 years.

"The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is an exceptional motorcycle and has achieved outstanding success in the marketplace and on the racetrack," Perry Morison, General Manager - Motorcycles, Suzuki Australia said.

"Troy Corser won the World Superbike Championship aboard the GSX-R1000, Mat Mladin claimed a record sixth AMA Superbike title with it and Shawn Giles tied on points at the top of the Australian Superbike series, too.

"Receiving the International Bike of the Year as recognition of the GSX-R1000's exceptional engineering and design from a panel of industry judges is immensely rewarding and rounds off a stellar year for Suzuki."

The most prestigious motorcycling accolade in the world, IBOTY is voted on by an international panel of judges from countries including Greece, Australia, UK, Germany, Taiwan, Spain, Belgium, Norway, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Italy, USA, and Russia.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2005/suzuki_iboty.htm

The_Dover
2nd December 2005, 10:25
Nah, they're shit. Build quality is ropey as...........

Coyote
2nd December 2005, 10:28
Looks good though and has the most horsepower*, and that's all that really matters :p

*of the 4 jap inline-4 1000s

zadok
2nd December 2005, 10:29
The Gixer fans are gonna love you!:whistle:

SixPackBack
2nd December 2005, 10:34
Shit might have to get me a Gixxer:2thumbsup

zadok
2nd December 2005, 10:37
Some logos.....

skelstar
2nd December 2005, 10:39
Shit might just have to change my profile bike...you guys would believe me eh? :|

Zed
2nd December 2005, 11:28
The Gixxer!? Well I'm just glad the winner is a *sprotsbike* and not any of them other inferior machines. :dodge:

**R1**
2nd December 2005, 11:58
It should have won the most over use of blue and white!

manuboy
2nd December 2005, 14:34

Who would've picked a rough looking b'stard like yaself (as you are) would be such a picky nitty nitty picky ferkin colour nancy boy!

Hows ya interior design skillz?? ;-)

**R1**
2nd December 2005, 14:48
Hows ya interior design skillz?? ;-) Fine you want some work done? I do black or charcoal, let me know what you prefer.

N4CR
2nd December 2005, 14:51
I thaught the zx10r had the most power in terms of stock normal production models (not yoshi k4's :P).

SixPackBack
2nd December 2005, 15:04
I thaught the zx10r had the most power in terms of stock normal production models (not yoshi k4's :P).
Hush your mouth chicken stripper, K5 rules!

onearmedbandit
2nd December 2005, 16:15
Aaron, you seem really hung up on the colours of the GSXR. I think there's more to the story then you are letting on.....

cowpoos
2nd December 2005, 18:50

yes and no...on a ram air simulated dyno a zx10r has a higher topend HP...but on a normal dyno gsx-r thou has more...[only 1.3hp I think] but the gsx-r has more power every where else...

Dafe
2nd December 2005, 19:09

Absolutely agree! I Wouldn't know why anybody would buy a blue & white model?
Big Ups to Zadok for the info us Gixxer riders already knew!

SPman
2nd December 2005, 19:51
Think I'll try one, as well!

Zed
2nd December 2005, 19:57
Absolutely agree! I Wouldn't know why anybody would buy a blue & white model?I didn't think it was a true gixxer unless it was blue or white?? It seems any alternative colour scheme is a bit of a let down, 'specially that custard look! In saying all that, BLACK RULZ and you all know it!

Sensei
2nd December 2005, 20:44

A Yoshi K4 have only a pipe which give's it 1HP more than standard so No better off than buying a Black K4 with the Free muffler .

APPLE
2nd December 2005, 20:55
SUZUKI are to be commended?BUT?????do not right yamahas R1 off?ESPECIALLY the 2006 R6?i have seen pictures.....b afraid "b very afraid?

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 21:06
Bah humbug!
Most of us DON'T race or even do track days. Good choice if you do, but my bike of the year has to be at least a little bit comfortable after a hour or two on it, be able to carry a passenger with some comfort and it has to be easy to ride and keep a licence in the real world. WTF do I need 250kph for?

miSTa
2nd December 2005, 21:21
Bah humbug!
Most of us DON'T race or even do track days. Good choice if you do, but my bike of the year has to be at least a little bit comfortable after a hour or two on it, be able to carry a passenger with some comfort and it has to be easy to ride and keep a licence in the real world. WTF do I need 250kph for?

That's what I was thinking after all it's basically a race bike (and a mighty fine one at that admittedly) but I want comfort, passenger carrying ability, economy, and a decent range - real world usage stuff.

The_Dover
2nd December 2005, 22:14
Go fuckin ride one, it's as comfy as a whores snatch and the only passenger I ever took that complained was a whore with a sore snatch, true.

Agree with the licence losing abilities though, mind you most bikes are licence losers apart from GN's and cruisers.

cowpoos
2nd December 2005, 22:35
Bah humbug!

thats a good reason to back up your reasoning of owning a triumph...lol

JK!

Big Dave
2nd December 2005, 23:35
thats a good reason to back up your reasoning of owning a triumph...lol

JK!

Even if you weren't kidding - you are right.
It's my point - The triple is at it's best between 70 and 140kph - and even more so the buell - it's in its 'happy place' averaging 110kph - but you rarely have to slow under that. Suits me fine.

Dafe
3rd December 2005, 06:46
I didn't think it was a true gixxer unless it was blue or white?? It seems any alternative colour scheme is a bit of a let down, 'specially that custard look! In saying all that, BLACK RULZ and you all know it!

The Black is nice, the reason I brought the Blue/White......
The black doesn't speak "Suzuki!". I felt the black looked more like a R1 at a glimpse. It is very nice, but doesn't highlight the fine fairing curves in any way.
I am very impressed with Suzukis 06 colour lineups, esp for the 600's.

If you like BLACK!!!! Check the last one.....

Zed
3rd December 2005, 06:56
If you like BLACK!!!! Check the last one.....Yes those new colour schemes are delightful, but without decals that black one is too ghostriderish, but would probably suit a number of our resident KB hardcore road racing, stunt performing, cop evading gixxer owners! :bleh:

Lou Girardin
3rd December 2005, 07:56
Go fuckin ride one, it's as comfy as a whores snatch and the only passenger I ever took that complained was a whore with a sore snatch, true.

Agree with the licence losing abilities though, mind you most bikes are licence losers apart from GN's and cruisers.

Obviously one man's comfort is another mans slipped disc.

Gremlin
3rd December 2005, 12:33
If you like BLACK!!!! Check the last one.....
Nice, but its a fake.

I saved the pic last time someone posted it (probably you), but suddenly realised last night (didn't look at it often OK??) its been photoshopped.

Look at the bottom of the fairings, it should say "SUZUKI", there's a grey blur, on the tank should be the "S", a fuzzy blur again... :slap: