PDA

View Full Version : Crash at Meremere Dragway

zadok
12th December 2005, 05:32
Check out todays Herald. A drag car went out of control and hit a barrier, which demolished the media stand. Specy pic of a camerman being hurled through the air upside down. He came out of it fairly well, fortunately.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10359554

cowboyz
12th December 2005, 06:53
The guy who took the photo got a good one.

That poor guy upside down though. Bet that wasn't on his 'to do' list when he woke up that morning.

Unbelievable he got away with minor injuries.

Big Dave
12th December 2005, 09:05
Comes with the territory.

ManDownUnder
12th December 2005, 09:07
A very lucky man - and I'll give him a 9.8 for style too

bugjuice
12th December 2005, 09:07
if you can get the paper version, it shows 3 sequential shots of this. Impressive photography, and lucky bugger

Aitch
12th December 2005, 09:14
According to the Herald report the driver wants to be "back behind the driver's seat as soon as possible".
Perhaps if he'd been in the seat he might have had more control in the first place????:doh: :banana:

crashe
12th December 2005, 09:23
I saw the pics, when I was just up at my local Foodtown...
Front page of The Herald.
Very impressive pic's and that photographer, sure is one lucky person.

Like Big Dave says, it come with the territory, if you want to be up close to the action.... and wanting to get the right pics.

I wonder if he got a pic of the drag car coming at him....?

Waylander
12th December 2005, 10:34
Not much of a barrier if it didn't stop the car...

NotaGoth
12th December 2005, 17:50
I seen the video clip of that on the news tonight. There was footage of the car hitting the standing and sending him flying. And also footage he shot of the car coming straight for him.

After seeing the footage all I can say is that he is extremely lucky! Think it would have been a brown knickers moment.

Hitcher
12th December 2005, 17:52
Great footage on 3 News. I suspect that if the viewing platform had been better built, the camera operator would have not been so lucky.

froggyfrenchman
12th December 2005, 17:56
saw the clip on news. That dude was sooo lucky the car hit the stand and not him!

Zed
12th December 2005, 18:39
Comes with the territory.I'd bet he doesn't get paid any danger money!

Funny how we love seeing crashes until someone gets hurt. Pics on the front page of the Herald said it all...poor peeps. :(

We got talking to a young lass at Kopu S/Stn last Saturday who was filling up with gas and towing a drag car, she was all about 15 yrs of age, keen as racer. Reading the newpaper article today was a bit shocking, of course the first thought that came into my head was whether or not it was her??

TONO
12th December 2005, 19:13
I saw the pics, when I was just up at my local Foodtown...
Front page of The Herald.
Very impressive pic's and that photographer, sure is one lucky person.

Like Big Dave says, it come with the territory, if you want to be up close to the action.... and wanting to get the right pics.

I wonder if he got a pic of the drag car coming at him....?

Geez! just got a phone call from the olds.....the driver is my cousin.:doh:

Wellyman
12th December 2005, 22:28
I hope he didn't land on the tarmac on his head with the amount of hair on his head :shit:

Test Pilot
15th December 2005, 08:30
that dude looked like he got nailed, sorta stuff you see on "worlds worst videos" or sum shit like that