PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto Private Race Meeting 20/12/05

Kwaka-Kid
16th December 2005, 17:38
Hey Guys, Flatmate 6chris6 and I got our Daytona 2 50cc aircooled minimoto's a week ago and are now ready to get the learn from some of you more experienced racers! haha!:scratch:

So, its going to have to be after work on a weeknight as all the weekends are taken up.

Wednesday 21/12/05 Is the date, 6:30pm is the meeting time, and racing underway by 7pm. Meeting place will be at our flat pre 6:30pm out Glen Eden, and we will drive just up the road to henderson... we have found the PRIME location, its a tight track almost a perfect scaled version of Taupo's Centennial Park. PM me if you got the nuts, water cooled hardout go fast bikes welcome for a shot at the title.

Prepare for the learn

Logan/Chris.

P.S we already have 4 racers coming.

Postie
16th December 2005, 17:44
i'm in, i'm sure buggy will be too and i'll lend cibby a bike if she is keen....

6Chris6
16th December 2005, 17:47
Come and 'av a go if ya think ya 'ard enuff:eek:

Hambo45
16th December 2005, 17:59
Ill step up, course the current lack of bike MAY hinder me a bit, but hey, somebody's gotta take the title, show ya whats what

Kwaka-Kid
16th December 2005, 18:16
mu hu ha ha ha ha

Do i hear a slight meow coming from the east side of auckland? C'mon Aff/CK - wheres your nuts at?! :)

Ill talk the talk now, but f---ed if ill be walking the walk come tuesday, i crash more often then i do complete laps. So theres a place for some of you already! Its Chris youve gotta watch out for, he currently holds lap record, shes a tight track too btw, rules are - there are no rules! everybody takes care of themselves/their own machine.

bugjuice
16th December 2005, 21:51
in wiv a grin :devil2:

aff-man
16th December 2005, 22:24
I'll getin contact with the man himself. Gotta get the new tyres on still. But we may very well be keen.

Let the underground racing begin:banana:

White trash
17th December 2005, 07:05
You're all fucken dead.:devil2:

bugjuice
17th December 2005, 07:09
Buggy, swing by and pick me up bro.. and dont stop for no bloody german tourists this time.
they were french. and yup

aff-man
17th December 2005, 09:16

What you gonna last more than 5 laps...... Good ol WT makes as many mods as possible to have all the power.... just not the stamina..... Maybe you need some little blue pills ahahahah

Kwaka-Kid
18th December 2005, 21:11
Right, well none of you large talkers have PM'ed me for the address to this place! so stop talking the talk and start makin the motions!

also NOTE RACEDAY IS NOW WEDNESDAY 21st DECEMBER, as chris couldnt do Tuesday.

Wellyman
18th December 2005, 21:20
somebody lend me a bike, I feel like some trash bashing!
WM

aff-man
18th December 2005, 21:37
Right, well none of you large talkers have PM'ed me for the address to this place! so stop talking the talk and start makin the motions!

also NOTE RACEDAY IS NOW WEDNESDAY 21st DECEMBER, as chris couldnt do Tuesday.

Shit mate you're a legend. I was about to say I was gonna have to pull out due to suble remindings that i have a good mates 21st dinner thing. But should be sweet for wednesday. Will PM you tomorrow when i find out if the man with the car can make it.

Wellyman
18th December 2005, 21:39
Shit mate you're a legend. I was about to say I was gonna have to pull out due to suble remindings that i have a good mates 21st dinner thing. But should be sweet for wednesday. Will PM you tomorrow when i find out if the man with the car can make it.

Aff if you can't make it can I borrow your bike. I really wanna kick WT ass. show him how you really ride a bike.
WM

bugjuice
19th December 2005, 08:17
I can't do wednesday. Don't know if postie still can.. He'll have to post up when he gets back

6Chris6
19th December 2005, 12:45

Bring it on!

Watch out for my team mate "Gimp Boy" though....Probably best to let him go ahead eh!

Wellyman
19th December 2005, 12:47
Bring it on!

Watch out for my team mate "Gimp Boy" though....Probably best to let him go ahead eh!

Give ma a bike an I will beat you all. I wish I could afford a mini moto :(
WM

6Chris6
19th December 2005, 12:49
Give ma a bike an I will beat you all. I wish I could afford a mini moto :(
WM

Sell that bloody chook chaser, man. :eek:

Coldkiwi
19th December 2005, 16:43
Aff if you can't make it can I borrow your bike. I really wanna kick WT ass. show him how you really ride a bike.
WM

sorry me ol china, our little beasty will be out there with me and Aff Man crashing it with the best of them!

no doubt WT will turn up leaking oil, do half a lap, crap out, walk/carry it back (ask Sudeep) to the car, replace half the engine, do another 1/2 lap, walk/carry it back again, pack up and go home :)

Still... if it was going, he'd be well fast I'm sure. :)

Logan, can you PM me details?

Qkchk
20th December 2005, 14:51
You guys keen on a street magic having a bit of fun 2? Depends on my workload tomorrow - 14hour day....... :cry: Maybe if I start @ 3am instead of 5am...........hmmmmm

Cibby
20th December 2005, 15:58
i'm in, i'm sure buggy will be too and i'll lend cibby a bike if she is keen....

i didnt even see this until now..

hmm am i keen?? maybe.. hmmm

HELL YES I'M KEEN!!!

Ash.. honey.. can i have the black one???? :2thumbsup :bleh:

6Chris6
20th December 2005, 16:35
You guys keen on a street magic having a bit of fun 2? Depends on my workload tomorrow - 14hour day....... :cry: Maybe if I start @ 3am instead of 5am...........hmmmmm

Yup.....Bare in mind this is a REAL tight track the back straight is probably only 40-50m.

We did it in the van and had to do a three point turn at the hair-pin :lol:

skidMark
20th December 2005, 17:05
I will likely be there, just to watch, because i don't have all the gear to race.

Or a pocket bike.

Kwaka-Kid
20th December 2005, 17:13
yep, we are barely going to be able to fit all the bikes on this track! haha! But its all good, very tight, if we touch we touch, and the main thing is this is the start of something good... we have already found bigger tracks, but this ones so wicked and already set that we have to have the first here.

aff-man
20th December 2005, 17:21
Shit i hope we get these tyres on have you PM CK logan??

Kwaka-Kid
20th December 2005, 20:43
yeah dude i have, and dont worry about the tyres you can have mine ill just beat you guys on the rims its okay by me.

Either me, or my young trainee rider! As i might be a bit too busy to make it out with trying to get bike sorted for wanganui, so if thats the case hamish will take my place.

aff-man
20th December 2005, 21:58
yeah dude i have, and dont worry about the tyres you can have mine ill just beat you guys on the rims its okay by me.

Either me, or my young trainee rider! As i might be a bit too busy to make it out with trying to get bike sorted for wanganui, so if thats the case hamish will take my place.

*sniff sniff* What's that... do i smell...... chicken?? :Pokey:

White trash
20th December 2005, 22:12
sorry me ol china, our little beasty will be out there with me and Aff Man crashing it with the best of them!

no doubt WT will turn up leaking oil, do half a lap, crap out, walk/carry it back (ask Sudeep) to the car, replace half the engine, do another 1/2 lap, walk/carry it back again, pack up and go home :)

Still... if it was going, he'd be well fast I'm sure. :)

Logan, can you PM me details?

Think I've already whooped both you homos in the carpark GP haven't i?

Thought so......

aff-man
20th December 2005, 22:15
Think I've already whooped both you homos in the carpark GP haven't i?

Thought so......

Shit no.... ya just ran me over ... so ya beat me up but that was about all :wari:

Kwaka-Kid
21st December 2005, 05:37
tell ya what, dont listen to that trash talker.

hes all post no balls!

homo hasnt even PM'ed me for the address...

aff-man
21st December 2005, 07:55
tell ya what, dont listen to that trash talker.

hes all post no balls!

homo hasnt even PM'ed me for the address...

He is just setting himself up for an excuse........:whistle: :whistle:

Quasievil
21st December 2005, 07:59
Someone text me the address for this, sounds like a hoot might have to ride up and take some footage on video 021 400 731

White trash
21st December 2005, 08:14
Some of us have to work untill 9 tonight. I remember what them stockers go like, saw one on Sunday at the track, and let's just say, I'm far from impressed.

I've also seen all you muppets ride, didn't shake my confidence much either. You boys have fun practicing. You need it.

aff-man
21st December 2005, 08:20
Some of us have to work untill 9 tonight. I remember what them stockers go like, saw one on Sunday at the track, and let's just say, I'm far from impressed.

I've also seen all you muppets ride, didn't shake my confidence much either. You boys have fun practicing. You need it.

hhahahahhahaha excuses excuses...........

Jabez
21st December 2005, 14:57
Is this a rain or shine thing.... the weather is not looking great at the moment?

6Chris6
21st December 2005, 16:09

F%$K me dead you really are a ghey mutha.
Get yo arse to my track and be ready to recieve the learn.
That modded piece of shit won't do ya any good this track is fukn TIGHT
Unlike your arse

6Chris6
21st December 2005, 16:10
Is this a rain or shine thing.... the weather is not looking great at the moment?

Yes.
It's only showers

skidMark
21st December 2005, 16:51
.....leaving soon can i have someones cell number cus if i get to the house late ill be lost as hell lol

6Chris6
21st December 2005, 16:59
021 1661794 Chris

skidMark
21st December 2005, 17:01
please wait for me...leaving now

justsomeguy
21st December 2005, 17:03
Leaving soon - shit - 1/2 hr to get from East tamaki to Henderson :woohoo:

avgas
21st December 2005, 17:14
Hope this becomes a common event - if so i may look at gettin a minimoto

Bulldog
21st December 2005, 20:57
Great meet guys, I'm definately getting one after my quick go on one. Thanks KwakaKid for the go on his bike, was crap loads of fun and good semi-clean racing :niceone:

I have heaps of pics to post but be patient damn it!

White trash
21st December 2005, 21:00
F%$K me dead you really are a ghey mutha.
Get yo arse to my track and be ready to recieve the learn.
That modded piece of shit won't do ya any good this track is fukn TIGHT
Unlike your arse

I don't care how tight (the track) is, I've got indoor gearing. Hope you girls had fun, make sure it's on a night I'm not working next time.

Edit: Just so you homos know for next time, any MMNZ (miniMoto NZ) unsanctioned event is supposed to be raced full contact. That'll sort the men from the boys.

Bulldog
21st December 2005, 21:18
Go here for pics people....I have the originals which are really good quality should anyone want them.

http://www.brockit.co.nz/minimoto/index.htm

aff-man
21st December 2005, 21:43
Bloody good fun...... Need to get our bike sorted for that kinda track though.
Hey KK can you help us with the jetting cause your bikes were wasting ours on the straights....
:sweatdrop

Hambo45
21st December 2005, 21:46
good stuff with the pics bulldog, although the one of me coming off isnt too glamorous :D

Kwaka-Kid
21st December 2005, 22:16
Awesome pics thanks dude! that was great... can we got some footage hosted or shared on DC++ or something too?

Thanks heaps everyone who turned up, this is the first of many.

Except WT wont be invited to any more he had his chance :P

Shit that was some good racing, and Jimmy it was welland truely full contact between 6chris and i thats for sure! Surprised those forks aint bent from all that rear-end bashing chris.

crashe
21st December 2005, 22:19
It was great to watch everyone hoon around.... and a few KBers trying out the bikes... who had never had a go at them before... Looks like there may be a few more KBers riding mini-moto's....:ride:

As I left home to head there, the heavens opened up.. so I took the car...
the whole time there the rain stayed away.. until at 9.30pm as the last of us were about to leave, then the heavens opened up again...
I'm glad that I took the car....lol.

Quikchk - I hope you got home ok... bummer about ya lights blowing at the last minute. Thanks for letting me have a quick ride on your bike. Much appreciated. Just have to remember that it doesn't have footbrakes....:rofl:

MarkAuckland - cheers for letting me have a go on your bike as well.
I have to say it was strange riding your bike thou... having to kick start it and the gear system is so bizzarre.... lol.

We even had 3 lovely officers of the law pop on by and chat... I even offered them a go on the mini-moto's.. they politely declined.. and said to have fun riding the bikes. Good lads those boys.

Thanks KK and 6chris6 for organising tonight's event... well done lads.

skidMark
21st December 2005, 22:19
i had a shitload of fun thatnks for a good night guys...gave me some good fun on my new tyres.

Hambo45
21st December 2005, 22:22
well kk, i think you and chris have started something here, i know ill be looking at every carpark i go past to see if itll be a good track and im sure others will too.

The beginning of a new 'club' i sense :D

skidMark
21st December 2005, 22:30
I'm only in pic 16 im deeply hurt lol.

wheres all the ones of me um turning you were sure taking heaps i wanna see more...or is that it :slap: :doh:

skidMark
21st December 2005, 22:31
lol underground industrial pocket racing...well have a grass race sometime then we will see whose king :Punk:

Bulldog
21st December 2005, 22:39
Yeah there's more of you buddy. I've got heaps (as you know).

skidMark
21st December 2005, 22:42
put em up please :D i wanna see my skillz(or lack there of...) lol

i think i'm pretty good for somebody without a bike license though...

mind you i have sat my practical test just gotta do the theory when i can be bothered studying lol

Bulldog
21st December 2005, 23:51
Check it.....

aff-man
22nd December 2005, 08:17
It may be green but the balance point is bloody low (as i found out yesterday)....:pinch: :devil2: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Krayy
22nd December 2005, 08:19
Things that annoy me #347.....

Dumping the racing video from the camera onto a Compactflash card so I can do the DV to Xvid conversion at work as I had no time to do it last night, and finding that the USB cable that I had attached to my laptop base station has gone walkabout.

Bugger. No video until tonight then.

Bulldog
22nd December 2005, 09:59
I've got heaps of video from jaybez so I'll post it up soonish.

skidMark
22nd December 2005, 10:44
thank for that bulldog... legend...

one day ill get my knee down...when i get sliders ill start to try :P

NodMan
22nd December 2005, 11:32
Bring it on!

Shit I recognise that gimp boy...hang on a minute I recognise that green an white toy...shit wheres me van, an the other toy...you bastards...tell me ya runnin me toys in...an dont tell me till the day after...looks like the ole bastard gunna have ta cum play with the kids soon as I can park the ole ST1100

Bulldog
22nd December 2005, 14:00
Do these come any bigger! :rofl:

BLACKYOSHI1000
22nd December 2005, 14:41
FECKIN FUNNY TA WATCH THATS` FOR SURE :2thumbsup
WILL POP OUT AGAIN FOR MORE OF A LOOK NEXT TIME :niceone:

Qkchk
22nd December 2005, 15:36
Had a ball!

It has given me hope for racing @ Mt Wellington - the pocket bikes were made for that tight circuit, even tho the magic did impress me .......

Will be keen as for another play and if some others joined in, we could have a class of our own............. (aye Mark...)

Nice pics Bulldog.......... my headlight started to work again Crashe, I think since I was starting off the electric starter instead of the kickstand I must of flatted the battery a bit. At least I know about it now........... and by the way, we did get that downpour. Good old Cordura saves the day again!!

Was an excellent event and it was very pleasing to see the KB support crew! :2thumbsup

Bulldog
22nd December 2005, 17:19
Thanks qkchk, you were doing bloody well on the street magic. Funny it seemed so big compared to the minimotos.

Man I'm so hooked. I'm buying one asap, just trying to find the right supplier as we speak.

Was nice meeting you although I don't think I even saw you with your helmet off. I guess I'll just scream out your name at the next event. :stupid:

Qkchk
22nd December 2005, 18:10
Was nice meeting you although I don't think I even saw you with your helmet off. I guess I'll just scream out your name at the next event. :stupid:
Yeah sorry about that one mate - had a huge zit on my forehead........ nah, just kiddin.

It was only after everyone had buggered off, that I realised I hadn't taken it off. Just excited about playin around I guess. Doesn't help when you wear a Shoei - so bloody comfy...(better than my Nitro and HJC helmets...)

Jabez
22nd December 2005, 18:31
Had a great time watching & short try (thanks for that:)). As I'm off to aus tomorrow, will have to wait till new year before getting my own.

See ya
Jabez

skidMark
22nd December 2005, 19:07
Things that annoy me #347.....

Dumping the racing video from the camera onto a Compactflash card so I can do the DV to Xvid conversion at work as I had no time to do it last night, and finding that the USB cable that I had attached to my laptop base station has gone walkabout.

Bugger. No video until tonight then.

i wonder if you got some of me?:P

shame you ddnt stick round longer i was getting way better by the end of the night .

took me a while to get used to my new tyres

they are now much more worn on the left side for some reason i wonder why :whistle: haha now whose bright idea was it again to make them all left hand except for that quick right flick? lol kwaka :sherlock: guilty as charged.

Krayy
22nd December 2005, 21:07
Heres a rough cut of Race 1. It's a bit fuzzy due to the size restrictions, but I can whip up a smaller, higher quality one later.

P.S. The music is a reference to "Minis"...but what is it?

Krayy
22nd December 2005, 22:22
P.S. You will need to install the Xvid codec to be able to play the video. Download it from here:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

skidMark
23rd December 2005, 11:48
I think that music is from ..."The Italian Job" original movie.

Krayy
23rd December 2005, 12:33
I think that music is from ..."The Italian Job" original movie.
Well they were racing "Minis" :scooter:

Qkchk
9th January 2006, 16:34
so when's the next meeting?

skidMark
9th January 2006, 16:59
yeah cmon me n qkchk are ready to go lol i reckon we need to do like a gymkana (sp?) next time like time trials racing rounds cones then we won't all be trying to kill each other....ie. slalem there straight back and so on ... and just make out a track well a whole bunch of them and give everyone a go individually to do some time trialing then we can break it up more into bikes when we get the times back ie. best of the mini motos....

and best out of the bigger ish bikes like yours and mine qkchk

then we can go way harder on our own and everyone will be able to get better lines.....and whose up for a grass race :2thumbsup LOL

so yeah racing individually time trials sounds the go what do you guys think of that idea?:2thumbsup

Qkchk
9th January 2006, 17:03
Last time I went on the grass me bike got covered in shite :(

skidMark
9th January 2006, 17:06
Last time I went on the grass me bike got covered in shite :(

that part was a joke LOL:P