PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha’s president calls for ‘return of biker gang’ mentality over concerns about fal

Bob
23rd December 2005, 01:16
President of Yamaha Motor, Takashi Kajikawa has voiced his concerns over falling sales in the domestic Japanese market.

It seems Kajikawa is worried that Japanese youth are more interested in computer games than hitting the road on motorcycles. He said “It’s not like the old days when young Japanese boys joined biker gangs. It wasn’t so good for the public image but it was good for sales. Nowadays, their mothers think it’s too dangerous and forbid their sons to buy bikes. And anyway, youngsters would prefer to stay in and play on their computers.”

The Japanese domestic market only represents 10 per cent of Yamaha’s group sales.

Indiana_Jones
23rd December 2005, 01:27
Hah! I must join biker gang, to honour family!

Hah! I wasn't in the correct gear during the corner! I have dishonoured my family!, now I shall disembowl myself!

-Indy

mstriumph
23rd December 2005, 01:55
*aside* .. please, NO, indy [faaaaaaaaaaaaaar to messy, ritual disembowling --- should imagin it SMARTS too??]

about the yamaha thingy .......... yerse - well - as everyone here knows more or less -- i just bought a new yamaha ----- AND I DON'T GIVE A damn what opinion/custom is in Japan

i have never been to japan - in my whole lifetodate i have only had two japanese friends - i don't CARE what the domestic japanese market cares about

is that wrong of me?

Bob
23rd December 2005, 04:48
about the yamaha thingy .......... yerse - well - as everyone here knows more or less -- i just bought a new yamaha ----- AND I DON'T GIVE A damn what opinion/custom is in Japan

i have never been to japan - in my whole lifetodate i have only had two japanese friends - i don't CARE what the domestic japanese market cares about

is that wrong of me?

That is two more Japanese friends than me! Personally, I'm amused that the head of a major corporation - the one that made your bike remember - is advocating a return to the old days of biker gangs (and from what I understand, these weren't "Meet up once a week for a chat and maybe a ride on Sundays", these were nasty outfits) as it meant he had more sales at home!

What is his next suggestion, forcing Gaijin to build bridges in remote swamp areas?

Lou Girardin
23rd December 2005, 07:24
That is two more Japanese friends than me! Personally, I'm amused that the head of a major corporation - the one that made your bike remember - is advocating a return to the old days of biker gangs (and from what I understand, these weren't "Meet up once a week for a chat and maybe a ride on Sundays", these were nasty outfits) as it meant he had more sales at home!

What is his next suggestion, forcing Gaijin to build bridges in remote swamp areas?

The antithesis of PC is he?

*sic
23rd December 2005, 08:54
badass im heading off to japan in 2007 to live and train for a while so im gonna join up when i can!

Motu
23rd December 2005, 09:12
It's what saved Harley Davidson in the 90s,as the Boomers who secretly wanted to be bad boys in their youth now had the funds to buy into their dreams - they suddenly sprouted tats and facial hair,decades of weathering under flourecence lights and creative hairdressing gave them a ''tough'' image.It's the wanna be racer look the young guys seem to want these days....cissies.

Hitcher
23rd December 2005, 09:16
now I shall disembowl myself!
Disembowling (sic) is an ancient Japanese tradition called Sudoku...

T.W.R
23rd December 2005, 09:20
President of Yamaha Motor, Takashi Kajikawa has voiced his concerns over falling sales in the domestic Japanese market.

It seems Kajikawa is worried that Japanese youth are more interested in computer games than hitting the road on motorcycles. He said “It’s not like the old days when young Japanese boys joined biker gangs. It wasn’t so good for the public image but it was good for sales. Nowadays, their mothers think it’s too dangerous and forbid their sons to buy bikes. And anyway, youngsters would prefer to stay in and play on their computers.”

The Japanese domestic market only represents 10 per cent of Yamaha’s group sales.

Thats a bit of a worry, the actual name of these jap youth motorcycle gangs are "THE BOZOZOKU" and a high percentage of the gangs were basically recruitment gangs for the Jap Mafia "Yakuza" .

so maybe this Kajikawa is trying to recruit for the Mafia :psst: