PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Police bike trial complete

Bob
31st December 2005, 01:10
A six month trial of motorcycle police officers on traffic duty in Christchurch has come to an end. Two officers have been on traffic enforcement duties - the first time motorcycles have been used in the city since the merger of police and the M.O.T in 1992.

Christchurch police Strategic Traffic Unit head, Senior Sergeant Trevor Pullen, said the trial provided good feedback from the public and the officers have made a positive impact on traffic behaviour.

A decision will be made "in a month" as to the scheme's future.

Brian d marge
31st December 2005, 02:08
and there wont be any mention of the fact it was an absolute balls up of a decision in the first place..:doh:
As in opps sorry gov ..just made a howler of a balls up , cost us a bit of coin ..but dont worry its other people money !!
wonder how far my political future would go !!!

I would like to see,,,,,The plod back in the comunity, as in walking up and down me local parade of shops, popping in to see old miss jones to see if she is ok !
I had the very thing in a local constable ..in Akaroa ...

( if there is a concern about revenue grabbing ,,,have you seen the speed of those mobility scooters?...only a matter of time before a tragic accident occurs ! ...ping em ...now!! tougher sentences for those of an irresponsable nature !)

Stephen

Sniper
31st December 2005, 06:45
Bull, those two on bikes were the most arrogant, rude POS cops I have ever come across. I really have time for the cops but these two ruin peoples perspective of the police force.

Ask R1 and Bren.

Lou Girardin
31st December 2005, 08:14
Bull, those two on bikes were the most arrogant, rude POS cops I have ever come across. I really have time for the cops but these two ruin peoples perspective of the police force.

Ask R1 and Bren.

It's all spin Sniper. Bovine excrement from the biggest producers in the country.

froggyfrenchman
31st December 2005, 08:33
If they ride anything like the two here in the bay, you have nothing to worry bout! Both our local cop bikes are real beat up, constantly dropped

onearmedbandit
31st December 2005, 09:30
Only Bren and R1? I remember having a chat with one very early in the trial. Oh yeah, I won't forget that in a hurry.

maddog007
31st December 2005, 09:41
I would like to see,,,,,The plod back in the comunity, as in walking up and down me local parade of shops, popping in to see old miss jones to see if she is ok !
I had the very thing in a local constable ..in Akaroa ...

Stephen

which one was that ?

Sniper
31st December 2005, 09:51
Only Bren and R1? I remember having a chat with one very early in the trial. Oh yeah, I won't forget that in a hurry.

Really? Yea the guy who gave me the visor ticket was also one of the biker cops.

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 10:13

lol was that ur wheelie u did? You should be ashamed of urself, making him pull u over when he could have been chasing that fucker on the 2 stroke 250cc who lives down my road that wakes me up most mornings! :nya:

onearmedbandit
31st December 2005, 10:25
Yeah I posted about it ages ago, well probably able 6 months ago. I thought the guy who gave you that ticket was a English cop, didn't think any of our CHIPS (Christchurch Highway Patrol) were imports. Only met one myself though.......so far.

onearmedbandit
31st December 2005, 10:27
lol was that ur wheelie u did? You should be ashamed of urself, making him pull u over when he could have been chasing that fucker on the 2 stroke 250cc who lives down my road that wakes me up most mornings! :nya:

Exactly, I mean a onearmed rider on a gixxer pulling a wheelie should be proof enough that he knows what he is doing on a bike....unfortunately they saw it the other way.

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 10:29
CHIPS, hehe love it!

Everytime i've been pulled for anythign its been by a pom... must be a pom magnet!

If I get stopped by the bikercop again i'm going to ask him out to the track for a tuesday / friday session. He can even bring his cop bike!
:scooter:

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 10:32
Exactly, I mean a onearmed rider on a gixxer pulling a wheelie should be proof enough that he knows what he is doing on a bike....unfortunately they saw it the other way.

hahaha! :drinkup:

I can imagine his story back at the station....

"I see this biker for doing a wheelie... so I pull him up, and WAIT FOR IT... the fuckers only got one ARM!!!"

Kickaha
31st December 2005, 13:45
when he could have been chasing that fucker on the 2 stroke 250cc who lives down my road that wakes me up most mornings! :nya:

So that's about lunchtime then :finger:

Bren_chch
31st December 2005, 14:54
Who rattled your cage! :Pokey:

SpeedyGirl
31st December 2005, 14:59
Who rattled your cage! :Pokey:

His cage is self rattling......no help needed [smilie=4,36,28]

Brian d marge
31st December 2005, 15:12
I have no Idea about the current crop of nastys .... I just remember when I was getting around CHCH back in the early 80,s on a variety of cage fodder ..

I remember the railway crossing in greers road, back then it was a nice jump...I had an XL 250 motosport with all the rage S and W shocks ... used to wait till the lights were red then start accelerating so they were green, then hit the railway crossing at a goodly rate ,,,and 20 or 30 foot later , land ...

well you couldnt see over the jump.... err railway crossing ...amd one day there was plod on a bike ...and a whole lot of stationary traffic...... yeah Dimwitt here ( me ) was heading for the high jump .....

Plod pulled said Dimwitt ...and Smiled ,,,,and issued a speeding ticket for 15km over the limit ......

Dimwitt and he knew that dimwitt had done bad ,,,, but dimwitt wasnt likely to change over nite , So a gentle reminder was in order ,,,,

Thats the policing I have time for ,,( 20 odd years later I remember that incident ,,,so something must have stuck in the void I refer to as me brain)

Stephen

Wonder if greers rd railway crossing is still there?? and what would a 05 Cr 250 fly like ?????

T.W.R
31st December 2005, 15:45
I remember the railway crossing in greers road, back then it was a nice jump...

Wonder if greers rd railway crossing is still there?? and what would a 05 Cr 250 fly like ?????

Northcote road heading towards St Bede's college( continuation of Greers rd) has the railway crossing but thats pretty passive.

the one you might be thinking of is the crossing at the bottom end of Heaton st before the Idris rd intersection ( back way to get from Merivale to Riccarton quickly past Boy's High) thats the real high (blind one) that used to be great for getting plenty of air from :whistle:

Brian d marge
31st December 2005, 17:22
age has the better of me ... its the railway crossing on glandovey rd heading towards the roundabout on idris rd. so I would be going through the lights on the junction of stowan rd and rossal street ...

So I am not the only hooligan on this site then ????:whistle::drinknsin:o:D

Stephen

T.W.R
31st December 2005, 17:37
age has the better of me ... its the railway crossing on glandovey rd heading towards the roundabout on idris rd. so I would be going through the lights on the junction of stowan rd and rossal street ...

So I am not the only hooligan on this site then ????:whistle::drinknsin:o:D

Stephen

yeah :rolleyes: just the right distance for a bit of pace before hitting the rise:rolleyes:

HAHA hooligan nah never:rolleyes: its a bit like the bridge over the Avon river on Kahu rd just by Dean's bush probably the best hump for pulling wheelies off in town :Oops: heading towards Kilmarnock st :whistle:

onearmedbandit
31st December 2005, 18:46
The beauty is guys I live with 5 minutes of all thesse spots.

geoffm
1st January 2006, 20:31
hahaha! :drinkup:

I can imagine his story back at the station....

"I see this biker for doing a wheelie... so I pull him up, and WAIT FOR IT... the fuckers only got one ARM!!!"
"Don't worry about him - 'e's armless"

madboy
1st January 2006, 20:42
Pig bikes are good in my opinion for policing in high-density traffic areas. Central city and busy urban mways. Able to get to the scene far quicker than cages. But they have a tendency to also park in the shadow of underpasses on the mway and point laser or radar guns at the oncoming traffic. Luckily for them they haven't pointed one at my bike yet... I'm waiting for that day.

Skyryder
1st January 2006, 20:43

Ask R1 and Bren.

That too?? One of the fucker's I potted for going through a Red light. Emailed and wrote to Roadwatch I think it was sometime early November. To date have not had a reply. These two fuckers ping me for anything and they can rest assured there will be some questions asked as to why I have not had a response. If they are going to enforce the road rules then the least that they can do is to comply with them.

Skyryder

Swoop
2nd January 2006, 07:09
These two :Police: "testing" officers that were doing the trial of this brilliant idea...
I wonder if their names were Jon and Ponch... (ok, extremely old tv show, but someone had to mention it...)