PDA

View Full Version : Boorman forced to retire from Dakar rally

Bob
6th January 2006, 10:27
Charley Boorman has been forced to retire from the 2006 Euromilhões Lisbon to Dakar Rally after crashing and breaking his hand on day five of the event - one third of the way through his first Dakar rally.

Brian d marge
6th January 2006, 13:49
I been wondering why he hasnt shown up in standings , havent seen the harley either !

Pavey is me last hope ( and Kashiwa) ,,,

Stephen

bugjuice
6th January 2006, 13:50
that sucks...
why did they word it like that, and not 'into his second day..'

onearmedbandit
6th January 2006, 16:47
Huh? I read it as being 'day five of the event'?

bugjuice
6th January 2006, 16:56
ok, yeah. I'm a dumbass.

Brian d marge
7th January 2006, 04:06
this is the rumour about the Harley
Here (http://www.sidecarcross.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3180&sid=fb0190a19de9a6433fc9df9d671ba057)

Seems they are out , but the live tracking shows them red at Zouerat??? red I assume is out of the race?( from what I understand the front sprocket is completely worn out and the chain was jumping , they managed to get one made ,,but was over the time limit for the special stage hence were eliminated ,

here (http://dakar.francetv.fr/dakar-2006-videos-audios.php?id_article=220) is french tv , some good footage of the harley , watch for the car roll over in the desert ,,they dont muck around these fellas

Stephen
The photo is cyril depres riding WITH a dislocated collarbone AFTER crashing and being knocked out for a few min note the lack of fairing

Motu
7th January 2006, 08:08
I've been watching the development of the VRod sidehack for a couple of years on ADVrider where they've been keep people up to date.They have put a lot of time and effort into the bike.Tough,tough,tough event Dakar...

Brian d marge
7th January 2006, 13:47
and then there are the french...
I was really hoping the urinal would finish....

Stephen

NordieBoy
8th January 2006, 20:34
I've been watching the development of the VRod sidehack for a couple of years on ADVrider where they've been keep people up to date.They have put a lot of time and effort into the bike.Tough,tough,tough event Dakar...
They've just about finished it...