PDA

View Full Version : Travolta and Allen in talks over biker-comedy

Bob
7th January 2006, 01:26
‘Pulp Fiction’ Star John Travolta and ‘The voice of Buzz Lightyear’ Tim Allen are in talks to star in Wild Hogs, a comedy for Touchstone Pictures. The film revolves around a group of four frustrated middle-aged biker wannabes who hit the open road in search of adventure only to encounter a real Hell's Angels group.

Travolta and Allen will play two of the four men. No news on the names of the other two.

FzerozeroT
7th January 2006, 06:01
that actually sounds tolerable

Dafe
7th January 2006, 10:11
Here's hoping Rob Schneiders one of the other two!

Sounds like a good story line. I'm sure there will be more interest than expected.

Waylander
7th January 2006, 11:01
Sarge springs to mind. and Gaylander if he was middle aged.
Who's Gaylander? I know of a Waylander but as far as I can tell, there is no one with the handle of Gaylander.

And Rob Schneider? Well maybe, aslong as Adam Sandler isn't in amongst the extra's at some stage to shout "You can do it!"

Bob
8th January 2006, 02:19
Only thing worries me about this project? It sounds VERY much like an episode of The Simpsons. Read the following and make up your own mind:

"Take My Wife, Sleaze" - the eighth episode of the eleventh season of The Simpsons.

The family visits Greasers Cafe, and when they are there, Homer and Marge win a dancing contest. Their prize is a motorcycle. After Bart teaches Homer how to ride, he (Homer) forms a motorcycle gang with Moe, Lenny, Carl, and even Ned Flanders, which he names the Hell's Satans. They get in trouble all across Springfield, until they are confronted by a real motorcycle gang named the Hell's Satans.

After the true Hell's Satans —led by two men named Meathook and Ramrod— arrive, they take over the Simpson's home and trash it. Fortunately, Marge is in the house to clean up, until they decide to go back on the road and kidnap her.

Homer goes after them and winds up at several biker bars (lots of getting thrown out on his backside). He encounters Marge and the Hell's Satans (who Marge has been teaching ettiquette, how to fill in an application form and so on) at a campsite, where Homer wins back Marge by fighting the gang leader - by using motorcycles as weapons! Afterwards, Meathook and Ramrod say goodbye to Marge in hopes of finding new jobs.

Sound familiar?

Fatjim
8th January 2006, 06:17
Yeah, but thats the simpsons, so it's not real.