PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto clutches??

FROSTY
8th January 2006, 10:38
I hear you lot on about your cool minimoto's. I was quite keen to get baby bikie onto one but I was put off by what I was told about the auto clutches.
My information was that the bikes were constantly driving the back wheel
So they were always moving or stalled
Is this true??

White trash
8th January 2006, 10:59
No way mate, they've got a spring loaded centifugal clutch. When idleing, they're not engaged.

For Tristans one, mr me put a screw in to govern the the amount throttle it can get. Then as Tristan got better, he moved the screw so he learns throttle control. Kid's got it sussed now.

FROSTY
8th January 2006, 12:06
Hmm--is that right?? --watch out guys for baby bikie--on a track near you soon

ALTRON
5th March 2006, 17:54
think I have a prob with my mini clutch. (or at least I think its the plug?)

As in cant go full speed anymore. I'll have the throttle at about 70% and when try and go to 100% it wont go, in fact it will eventually stall out! By the end of the session I can only manage a slow walking pace speed at best :(

The bike also stinks like the clutch is fried too.

I have a semi new basic Chinese D2 mini moto. no mods.

froggyfrenchman
5th March 2006, 18:06
Never had any problem with my day2's clutch, and it gets caned by every drunken biker in hawkes bay. She wont start at the mo, i have a feeling that is coz we were so intoxicated last time we thrashed it i mixed the 2stroke mix using 20w40 engine oil insted of the 2st oil in the similar container. Will have to have a look at it this week. (yay for work holidays)

ALTRON
5th March 2006, 19:50
Nah actually took it out for a run just then and it seemed fine . Took a look at the clutch and that seems fine, plenty of meat left on the pads.

Although it keep spitting off the chain as I cant seem to line up the wheel straight enough lol

Maybe it was some bung fuel or something. ??????????

oh well

The Beast
5th March 2006, 20:07
There was most likely shit in the carb. But by the sound of it, it cleared itself.:yeah:

bugjuice
5th March 2006, 20:09
could be more that it's leaning out. At high revs, it's got to do everything bloody quick. Not enough fuel, and it'll die until it's leaned out and can't burn anything. Check the carbs are clean, and there's no crap, also check how much oil/fuel mix you're using, and use 91

The Beast
5th March 2006, 20:24
What mixture do you run it at ALTRON?
25:1?

ALTRON
6th March 2006, 00:06
Im running 25.1 mix as its still new-ish.

I knda doubt that it wont happen again..

ALTRON
6th March 2006, 20:56
ARGH I still have the problem :(

When I first start the session it runs 'alright' no top end revs though :( but as the session goes on it gets progressively worse :( In the end I can only manage a slow walking pace speed on it:(

Ok so I'll check and clean the carbs. What about the idle adjustment screw? should I turn it up for more fuel?

The Beast
6th March 2006, 21:03
Clean the carbs out, the idle adjusting screw only adjusts the idle, not the fuel going into the engine. I'd say it is just shit in the carb by the way it's behaving.

ALTRON
10th March 2006, 18:10
ARGH!

I took apart the carb, cleaned it put everything back together but it still refuses to rev right out. Getting bogged down (and stalling out if ya hold it too long) when ya crank the throttle right around.

Is my carburettor straight out bung?

texmo
10th March 2006, 18:22
I hear you lot on about your cool minimoto's. I was quite keen to get baby bikie onto one but I was put off by what I was told about the auto clutches.
My information was that the bikes were constantly driving the back wheel
So they were always moving or stalled
Is this true??
Its the same as the Gilera runner frosty (you have ridden one right?)

SPOOKY
20th March 2006, 23:59
Hi there,if you looking for a great clutch set up for your minimoto,you cant go past a ''ZPF'' clutch,iv tried most others ,from a cheap and nasty Chinese one to an Italian BZM set up,after a lot of trial and error...the winner by a long way was the ''ZPF'' clutch.
my bike is a GRC GP with a Bi-Zeta 15HP race engine/pipe. with gearing 7tooth front 66tooth rear...it was clocked doing 59mph (close enough to 100kph) from a standing start over 60foot.Italian minimoto bikes are full blown GP bikes in their own right,when raced on a kart track,they are a sight to see.here is a pic of my ride.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/iloveit_yaya/TuesdayNights136.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/iloveit_yaya/MINIMOTO2445.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/iloveit_yaya/PaulsCamVidios033.jpg
a quality Italian race bike,will wheelstand at 60kph..right through to 100kph.
if you would like to see some cool minimoto pic's or video footage(including Valintino Rossi on a GRC)..check out this site www.minimoto.forumup.org
there are heaps of mad ass crash pic's wild stunt riding and crazy wheelstands.
cheers,Spooky.

t0ms
3rd April 2006, 20:49
BZM clutch wont work on a chinker. they dont have enough power

it sounds awfully like bad fuel or bad tuning

drop the needle (by moving the cir-clip on it all the way to the top.

run 40:1 petrol/oil mix, use a decnet synthetic motorcycle oil (not lawn mower stuff)

i use 40:1 ELF or Repsol into 98 BP ultimate.
needle right down (they dont clear the jet all the way on a daytona so dropping them helps to run them a bit leaner)

cheers
tom