PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger and son in motorcycle accident

Bob
10th January 2006, 01:28
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his 12-year-old son were treated for cuts and bruises at a hospital yesterday after a motorcycle accident near their Los Angeles home.

The governor received 15 stitches for a cut lip, following a collision with a car that backed into the street in front of the Terminator star’s bike. Schwarzenegger and his son were both wearing helmets. The other party was not injured.

Hahaha... he'll be back!

Dafe
10th January 2006, 05:26
Yeah! and so much for....."I see everything!"

Maybe Skynet and Cyberdine Systems should have designed some corrective lenses for their ageing T1000's.

Waylander
10th January 2006, 07:19
It wasn't perchance this guy (http://members.aol.com/termpix/t1000_16.jpg) was it? lol.

bugjuice
10th January 2006, 08:31
that can't be.. I saw Arnie jump off a bridge on a HD and he was fine.. a little car shouldn't have even scratched the bike..

APPLE
10th January 2006, 08:44
bring bak'' CONAN i say?

Storm
10th January 2006, 08:54
I'd agree with Speedmedic, I'd be offering to buy him a new bike and pay all bills, just so I didnt getmy head ripped off and shoved where it dont shine.
Does it say whether Arnie ripped out a couple of car lifts with those huge muscles or what? :D:D:D

NhuanH
10th January 2006, 10:28
Arhnie is obviously getting veaahk! He mahst pahmp sarm eye-on...

deathstar
10th January 2006, 12:13
dam you kindergarten cop can't even ride a bike let alone teach kids about big guns

gav
11th January 2006, 20:50
It was a side chair and bike combo, turns out Arnie doesnt actually have a motorcycle licence!!

Bob
12th January 2006, 01:18
It was a side chair and bike combo, turns out Arnie doesnt actually have a motorcycle licence!!

Just to add a little more to that:

"Arnold Schwarzenegger was riding his motorcycle illegally over the weekend when he collided with a car police said.

Police Lt. Paul Vernon said Schwarzenegger does not have the proper endorsement on his driver's license to operate a motorcycle. He said police did not ticket the governor because they arrived after the accident. Instead, findings were reported to the LA city attorney to decide what action can be taken. Riding a motorcycle without the proper license can result in fines ranging from $100 to $250 or more."

Somehow I think he will be able to cope with a fine of that size...

Yokai
12th January 2006, 10:19
Might well be able to handle the fine, but there's gonna have to be some serious spin-doctoring for his political career - Breaking the law as a governor is serious business in the State of California... Granted it's a misdemeanor (sic) but it still has massive implications...

MisterD
12th January 2006, 13:18
Seems he did nothing wrong after all, his car licence was sufficient for him to ride a trike, or a bike with a side-car. Lucky, lucky, lucky....

Pixie
12th January 2006, 18:49
arnie is just a Rainier Wolfcastle wannabe

deathstar
12th January 2006, 21:22
one thing i was wondering about is that the person in terminator was a perfect look alike because he rode a bike and film studios won't let arnie FILM STAR MAN get hurt

SlowHand
13th January 2006, 19:11
I sent him a text and only got a reply today. dang time diff.

Vid aie say I craashid? AIE LIED...

Dafe
13th January 2006, 19:39
I guess Arnie had to "Stick Around" for a while after his unfortunate accident.
At least he had some time to "Let off some steam!" Can't exactly call it a "Raw Deal" though. I bet I know where he headed after that....."I need new clothes, boots and motorcycle!" either that or "I need a vacation!"

Maybe they should re-edit Termintor. Arnie walks into the gun shop....."12 gauge autoloader, 45 longslide with laser sighting, uzi 9mm, phase plasma rifle in the 40watt range, californian motorcycle licence!" nah doesn't cut the mustard.

I can't totally recall all his sayings, but Arnie has been a funnyguy, sad it's time "I let him go!"

KATWYN
13th January 2006, 20:09
that can't be.. I saw Arnie jump off a bridge on a HD and he was fine.. a little car shouldn't have even scratched the bike..

Yea true. I saw that too

Bob
14th January 2006, 01:33
Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be charged with a violation after it turned out he did not have the correct licence to ride his motorcycle. However, Schwarzenegger will soon be making a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get the correct endorsement.

With 15 stitches in his lip, Schwarzenegger said Tuesday that after he moved to the U.S. from Austria, it never occurred to him to get a motorcycle license "You know, I just never really applied for it ... and it was just one of those things that I never thought about it," the governor said.

flash
14th January 2006, 21:39
what bike was he riding?

Bob
15th January 2006, 11:11
what bike was he riding?

I'm pretty sure it is mentioned earlier in this thread... but for you... he was riding a Harley-Davidson (in America? what else?), but... with a sidecar!

And I think this is what saved him from prosecution. Again I think others have mentioned it, but there seems to be a lot of confusion over what type of licence he needed to be allowed to ride a bike with a sidecar.

Of course, as Govenor of California, I'm guessing if necessary he can pass some kind of law about this! Bit like when Clint Eastwood was Mayor of Carmel - a lady tried to sue as she tripped on an uneven piece of pavement - result of catching her heel in a crack I think. So Eastwood passed a rule that said ladies could not wear high heels!

Nice touch (this tale was told to us by our tour guide when we went to California, Arizona and Nevada this year, so don't see any reason not to believe it).

Indiana_Jones
15th January 2006, 22:18
Cage Driver: If you don't want the press to find out, then you better cooperate. Right?

Arnie: Wrong. *Bang!*

-Indy

it was just one of those things that I never thought about it," the governor said.

How much money, and how many people is this guy responsible for?

"drugs and prostitutes, just some of those things I never thought about"

"mafia bosses in the city, just one of those things I never thought about"

ad infinitum