PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Round wins broadcasting award

Bob
3rd February 2006, 22:51
Long Way Round – the Sky TV series following Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman’s journey through the old Soviet Bloc and into America – has won the Broadcaster Award for the Best Multichannel Programme.

For this award, judges were looking for the outstanding original production commissioned by a UK digital-only television channel, with its first transmission during 2005. Judges searched for shows that were original, brought something new to the market and struck a chord with its audience.

“This is a fantastic award to win,” said Russ Malkin, the producer and director of Long Way Round. “Ewan and Charley’s journey has really caught the imagination of so many people that the success of the project has thrived. Since the series was shown on Sky in the UK, it has been released internationally and we are now getting a whole new wave of positive feedback from around the world.”

If you have not seen the series, then click here for a review which contains a direct link to buy it from Amazon (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/bookslongwayrounddvd.htm)

Big Chim
4th February 2006, 07:09
I've only just seen the DVD's and man it is an awsome story. Ya kinda get to the end of it and you want it to keep going. Its Truely worth of the award and so many more. If you havent seen it yet well worth the watch.

Highlander
4th February 2006, 07:25
Watched most of it on Telly. Shame it was on past my bed time.
Have to convince the kids to buy me the DVD for my birthday (or fathers day).