PDA

View Full Version : roo racing exhuasts

cowpoos
5th February 2006, 18:48
nice pipes...and impressive power gains...and not to badly priced either

http://www.rooracing.com/

what do reckon bout the one on the repsol deano?

limbimtimwim
5th February 2006, 22:04
nice pipes...and impressive power gains...and not to badly priced eitherhttp://www.rooracing.com/I put one on my VTR 250 it was **excellent**. It looked great, it sounded great, it weighed nothing, it was well built and it really did free up the top end (Well, when combined with carb fiddling) It was so good I know I will be putting one on my RVF when I get the $$s together. And probably every bike I ever own. And the pommy guy was who makes them is a friendly fella too.

cowpoos
6th February 2006, 09:41
did u order yours direct from them? if so what was shipping costs like?

Coyote
6th February 2006, 10:29
Apparently their CBR250RR Mufflers boost the sound up to 140db

mr me
6th February 2006, 10:37
You should put one on yours poos it might make it go better than it does.:banana:

k14
6th February 2006, 10:59
yeah i'd agree with that. took mine off after 3 days cause i was going deaf and couldn't rev the bike over 10000rpm without feeling like my head would explode.

cowpoos
6th February 2006, 12:39

u sure its 140db....thats pretty f'ing high... like louder than alot of jet engines high!!

cowpoos
6th February 2006, 12:44
You should put one on yours poos it might make it go better than it does.:banana:

thats the plan bro...still umming and arrrgghhhing about the ractech like dovers one thou...but I reckon the Roo's could be for Poo's :spudwave:

loosebruce
6th February 2006, 13:21

Balls would make his bike go better, give it to me poo's :stoogie:

bladez
6th February 2006, 13:59
Silly question but are they full or just the can :confused: as after a new pipe:ride:

cowpoos
6th February 2006, 18:15
Balls would make his bike go better, give it to me poo's :stoogie:

don't you talk to me about balls laddie....hows your master....errr....sorry I mean girlfriend.... :Pokey:

limbimtimwim
8th February 2006, 08:36
did u order yours direct from them? if so what was shipping costs like?Yes I did, umm.. The shipping was maximum of $50AUD . Remember to take Auzzie GST off the prices before converting into NZD. Then NZ Customs will grab it, and you'll have to pay NZ GST on it. And then the exchange rate will shift. I paid them with my credit card over the phone. It was a bit of a process, but not painful.

limbimtimwim
8th February 2006, 08:47
Silly question but are they full or just the can :confused: as after a new pipe:ride:Just the can. To fit it to my VTR 250 I had to hacksaw off the old one 50mm from the collector. Theirs fitted over the top of that 50mm with some exhaust sealant goop and an included pipe clamp. So there was about 200mm of carefully bent pipe extending from the engine end of the can itself. It fitted very well, no pushing and shoving to get it to mate with the hanger.

But looking at the RVF 400 can, it looks like bolts on to the flange Honda have provided on the end of the standard exhaust system. I have an email from the maker that says 'We don't go into the full exhausts at all.'

slowpoke
15th March 2006, 21:28
thats the plan bro...still umming and arrrgghhhing about the ractech like dovers one thou...but I reckon the Roo's could be for Poo's :spudwave:
Have you spent your folding yet 'poos?
12 months ago, while I was living in Perth, I was faced with the same choice for my R1, so I went down to the Roo Racing workshop (too small to call it a factory) and spoke to Alex about his product. He was a very helpful bloke, with solid data to back his performance claims (independent tests), and he supports the local race scene. The pipes are virtually hand made, great looking, very light and perform as good and usually better than the big name mass produced stuff you pay a fortune for. I certainly didn't notice any difference to the battered Akrapovic I was replacing, and it was a much better price.
Best of all they sound fakkin' hot !!!

Lazy7
15th March 2006, 21:36
nice. they do one for my bike. not hugely impressed by the gains... but what does impress me is the linear power curve...

any other bikes deliver power that smoothly???

cowpoos
15th March 2006, 22:09
Have you spent your folding yet 'poos?
12 months ago, while I was living in Perth, I was faced with the same choice for my R1, so I went down to the Roo Racing workshop (too small to call it a factory) and spoke to Alex about his product. He was a very helpful bloke, with solid data to back his performance claims (independent tests), and he supports the local race scene. The pipes are virtually hand made, great looking, very light and perform as good and usually better than the big name mass produced stuff you pay a fortune for. I certainly didn't notice any difference to the battered Akrapovic I was replacing, and it was a much better price.
Best of all they sound fakkin' hot !!!

nah I havn't $$$....I reckon I might go for the racefit....I'll hav a play with my front forks first though....so a few mnths off yet...