PDA

View Full Version : Where to get small o ring?

slopster
8th February 2006, 16:23
Anyone know where I can get suitable o rings for the pilot screws on your carb. I tried bay engineers supplies and they had nothing that small. I'm not keen to order in a genuine one on back order and wait a month either.

The Stranger
8th February 2006, 16:26
Para rubber used to carry o rings, Don't know if they still do or if they would have anything that small.

What sort of diameter?

slopster
8th February 2006, 16:37
About 5.5mm outside diamerter. 4mm inside diameter

Fatjim
8th February 2006, 16:46
Super cheap autos do a box of O-rings for around $8. In the socket set section somewhere, in the UH shop anyway.

Colapop
8th February 2006, 17:06
You want a small 'o' ring?
It has to be said,

"Don't go to prison"

Bonez
8th February 2006, 17:12
Slopster I may have one that may be suitable. You can pop around and grab it if you like?

slopster
8th February 2006, 17:45
That looks about right Bonez but I need 3 of them (Didn't realise there were o rings behind the pilot screw till they went down the drain while cleaning my carb) bugger!

Bonez
8th February 2006, 17:50
That looks about right Bonez but I need 3 of them (Didn't realise there were o rings behind the pilot screw till they went down the drain while cleaning my carb) bugger!I'll have another gander out in the play pen. Be back in a tick.....................

Bonez
8th February 2006, 18:04
No luck sorry. Have you pulled the sink drain U tube off to see if they aren't in it?

nadroj
8th February 2006, 19:19
Measure it up & ring Shuk Engineering Distributors 06-7588300. Pm me if you want them picked up & couriered.

curious george
8th February 2006, 19:27
You will need it made of some material resistant to petrol, or it will melt and mush it's way through your carb.
Viton is the material of choice, and the last ones I brought cost about $8 each.

Roadrash
8th February 2006, 19:55
Cg is right, you can get them made out of different material, got my last ones from pacific seals, cost me about 80c they will be able to tell you what material the "o" ring should be made of, same with brake fluid and any chemical,

slopster
9th February 2006, 16:37
Yeah I mannaged to get some from Engineering Plastics after I tried just about everyone else in town. Got them made of Viton as well.

Bonez
9th February 2006, 17:00
Yeah I mannaged to get some from Engineering Plastics after I tried just about everyone else in town. Got them made of Viton as well.That's handy to know. Thanks for sharing.