PDA

View Full Version : Ducati posts huge loss

Bob
19th February 2006, 23:49
Despite a marked increase in US sales, Ducati has posted a loss of 40 million Euro for 2005, compared to 3.5 million the previous year. Falling sales in Europe and the rest of the world have been blamed.

The above figures also include an “extraordinary devaluation” of the company of some 15 million Euro.

Ducati are currently working on transferring ownership from an American investment group back to Italian hands. Their future business plan is said to centre around “a concentration in the high end of the market, with particular emphasis on improving margins, generating cash flow and reducing the company's overall structural costs.”

NordieBoy
20th February 2006, 07:19
They're trying to dump TPG?

Good on them.
I wouldn't want someone from Texas owning a chunk of me any longer than necessary either.

limbimtimwim
20th February 2006, 08:12
Shit!

I better buy one before they implode.

TwoSeven
20th February 2006, 11:07
I would buy one if they got rid of those ugly headlights (I liked the 916) and they didnt charge silly money for the things.

with particular emphasis on improving margins

That's never a phrase you wanna hear.

Charging the same, but using lower quality parts...

Well if you're gonna get one, I'd get one sooner rather than later...

James Deuce
20th February 2006, 11:24
They're trying to dump TPG?

Good on them.
I wouldn't want someone from Texas owning a chunk of me any longer than necessary either.

TPG are one of those rare organisations that concentrate on turning the profitability around of organisations that have some significance in brand, culture, or functionality. Ignore the fact they are from Texas, and thank some mystic force or other that they exist.

Claudio Castiglioni would have LOVED a loss as small as 40 million Euros. He wouldn't have had to keep going to the Italian Government for a hand out if his losses had been that small when he had Ducati on his books.

TPG saved Ducati from disappearing altogether and forever in 1996.

Bonez
20th February 2006, 16:10
Back to the Italians-blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Hope John Bloor can get his hands on it is all I can say.