PDA

View Full Version : Gobert back at world level

Bob
21st February 2006, 01:35
Anthony Gobert returns to racing at world level, riding for GMT 94 for the two first rounds in the World Supersport championship in Qatar and Australia.

Gobert is filling in for David Checa as he recovers from injuries received while testing GMT 94's R6.

Lets hope he makes the most of this latest chance. Gobert - whose fund of talent appears to be exceeded only by his ability to throw away opportunities - cannot expect many more chances to show his abilities at world level... which is where he belongs.

Bob
21st February 2006, 03:39
Gobert had this to say on his latest opportunity:

"I'm really happy to have the opportunity to get back into the world series with a good team and bike," he said. "I took a few years out to work out what I wanted to do and I've realized that it is to get back into racing. I raced in Australia last year and it looked like I might be doing that again, until this offer came to ride in the first few races. At first I was approached for the Phillip Island race but I really wanted some time on the bike beforehand, so the team invited me along to Qatar as well.

"The first race will really be a test for us. I raced supersport for Yamaha USA in 2001 and 2002 but the bikes have changed a lot since then. It's a new track, team, tyres and bike for me and I haven't ridden for five months, so the goal in Qatar to get a good set-up and hopefully a top ten. If we can get into the groove in Qatar then there's no reason why we can't be aiming at the top five in Phillip Island."

Fishy
21st February 2006, 10:26
Wonder if they have drug tested him yet? :nono: :nono: haha welcome back to "Old Stoney" :rofl: :rofl: