PDA

View Full Version : Rossi “undecided” about F1 switch

Bob
23rd February 2006, 01:24
Valentino Rossi says he still has not decided if he wants to switch from MotoGP to Formula One, saying he still has “more fun” on a motorbike..

“It is a completely different feeling in a F1 car” the 27-year-old Italian, under contract with Yamaha until the end of the year, said. “I am in two minds - I do not know at the moment what I am going to do.”

Highlander
23rd February 2006, 01:29
Sounds like "Negotiations are continuing"

Korea
23rd February 2006, 02:22
Yeah, "NEGOTIATION$"

Highlander
23rd February 2006, 02:30
Yeah, "NEGOTIATION$"

That is what I meant, just couldn't work out how to get enough $$$$$$ into it.

peripheral
23rd February 2006, 06:46
You think he's that worried about $$$, sure he'll be wanting to make some but I'm sure he's nowhere near the breadline at the moment. He'll probably do it for the glory and the challenge.

I watched a bit of the new show Speed with Jeremy Clarkson (from Top Gear) on Prime on Sunday. He was talking about risk takers and interviewed Damon Hill and he got very bored doing anything that wasn't slightly risky or exciting, one of the reasons he didn't do a warm up lap when he raced. It was all down to the type of person you are, how much of a risk taker you were. Came to the conclusion that we need risk takers to push the boundaries and need non risk takers to ensure the survival of the human race.

Fishy
23rd February 2006, 07:25
I reckon he should switch to F1 for at least a season anyway cause its not like he's really challenging himself anymore and it would be good to see other guys come through and pick up a few wins.

To make things more interesting in the MotoGP they should handicap his bike somehow (and no don't say put him on a Honda - cause he smoked everyone on that too) do Lada make bikes at all? :rofl: See if the king can still keep his crown. :not:

k14
23rd February 2006, 08:06
Good handicap would be putting him on a suzuki, although that might be too much of a challenge for even him.

I saw the other day that Alonso reckoned that all rossi was capable of was top 5 finishes if he had a good car. He also went on to say that he would be able to race in motogp and get top 5 finishes too. I'd like to see him try that one.

Fishy
23rd February 2006, 08:12
Yeah I'd like to see that alright!. :laugh:

Two Smoker
23rd February 2006, 19:44
I saw the other day that Alonso reckoned that all rossi was capable of was top 5 finishes if he had a good car. He also went on to say that he would be able to race in motogp and get top 5 finishes too. I'd like to see him try that one.

New Tui ad aye???

Ive heard rumour that Valantino is 0.75 seconds of Schuey's time around one of the test tracks...

Motu
23rd February 2006, 20:08
Rossi can't make a decision until other cards have been played.McLaren have too many drivers for 2007,and it's rumoured that Kimi has turned down a huge sum of money to sign up again for McLaren.If the 06 McLaren is crap,Kimi is gone....if the 06 Ferrari is crap,Schumacher is gone...after 3 or 4 races they'll know if the cars are good,or not.Once those two,and possibly Montoya have made their choices,then Rossi can too.

vtec
25th February 2006, 16:07

What a fag Alonso is... didn't think he was that stupid. Going from a bike to a car is easy... going from a car to being competitive on a bike is a completely different thing. There's so much more you have to do on the bike to lap fast and race competitively. Something that only years of experience racing and practicing on circuits can bring.

k14
25th February 2006, 16:52
What a fag Alonso is... didn't think he was that stupid. Going from a bike to a car is easy... going from a car to being competitive on a bike is a completely different thing. There's so much more you have to do on the bike to lap fast and race competitively. Something that only years of experience racing and practicing on circuits can bring.
Yeah i dont know if he was saying it just to bait rossi or if he actually is that deluded. Would love for rossi to invite him to do some testing with him sometime. Rossi could wheel out his old 125 and run rings round alonso on his M1.

Kendog
26th February 2006, 11:52

What he said was
"Since we haven't seen him competing in a race we don't know his true potential. I do think though he could become fifth in a race of score a podium position now and then. But then again, I would also do well in MotoGP if I would take time to practice."

mattt
27th February 2006, 09:16
What he said was
"Since we haven't seen him competing in a race we don't know his true potential. I do think though he could become fifth in a race of score a podium position now and then. But then again, I would also do well in MotoGP if I would take time to practice."

haha - another tui ad. Neither rossi or alonso will be a champion in each others sport. How can you get to #1 in one of those sports where the other has been doing it since he was 3 yrs old. Along with 100 other potentially good driver / riders.

It's like back when I was a prof cyclist - people used to say, "If I had the time to train I would be up there with you." Wrong thing to say because the reality is that no amount of training (or practise) can be superior to a 10+ year history in ones chosen sport.

Motu
27th February 2006, 09:25
I think that's exactly what Alonso is saying! Rossi won't come into F1 and dominate,but he will ''do well''.With a few years pratice Alonso could enter MotoGP and ''do well''.I'd be surprised if Alonso doesn't already ride a bike pretty damn well,most of the F1 drivers do.

But why would he want to ride MotoGP? F1 is a far higher pinacle than MotoGP - that's why Rossi wants to do F1....no way does he see it as a step down,he's aiming higher.

Pathos
27th February 2006, 23:17
haha - another tui ad. Neither rossi or alonso will be a champion in each others sport. How can you get to #1 in one of those sports where the other has been doing it since he was 3 yrs old. Along with 100 other potentially good driver / riders.

It's like back when I was a prof cyclist - people used to say, "If I had the time to train I would be up there with you." Wrong thing to say because the reality is that no amount of training (or practise) can be superior to a 10+ year history in ones chosen sport.

How many titles has suey won, and how many people bet him?

Yeah having a decent car helps but being the top is never permanent. Rossi hasn't started on F1's from scratch, hes done plenty of caging himself. And all these guys are just freaks so who knows.

Lou Girardin
1st March 2006, 15:04
But why would he want to ride MotoGP? F1 is a far higher pinacle than MotoGP - that's why Rossi wants to do F1....no way does he see it as a step down,he's aiming higher.

This may have been true 20 or more years ago, but modern F1 guys don't face the risks they used to. Or that MotoGP riders face.
F1 cars are damn near impossible to die in.

Postie
1st March 2006, 15:11
Rossi is gonna be getting a challange from Danny Pedrosa, he's a bloody dwarf (1.52 meters and 46kgs) but he is fast. Its gonna be good seeing those two battle this season.

Motu
1st March 2006, 15:59
This may have been true 20 or more years ago, but modern F1 guys don't face the risks they used to. Or that MotoGP riders face.

If they dropped all the regs in F1 and just let them develope unrestrained,the first thing they'd do is get rid of the drivers,they've been slowing the game down for years.

mattt
1st March 2006, 20:34

When did the last guy die in motogp?

Buster
1st March 2006, 20:50
Dont forget rossi was national champ in rally style go carts before his old man got him into bikes. He was only 7 or 8 years old i think. Man could he drive that thing.Went from there to mini moto. F1 drivers are fags. He would do well i recon.

k14
1st March 2006, 21:13
When did the last guy die in motogp?
4 years ago, dijaro kato (sp??) at suzuka, japan. Think it was the first gp of the season. Highsided into a wall that was way too close to the side of the track.