PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki star raises €5000 for Riders for Health

Bob
3rd March 2006, 04:14
Kawasaki MotoGP rider Shinya Nakano has raised €5,000 for Riders for Health.

The money was raised at the Japanese Grand Prix with an auction of some limited edition caps featuring the Japanese racer’s distinctive helmet design.

When asked about his generosity, Nakano was admirably modest, saying “Being a professional rider I try to help various charities every year. When I joined MotoGP I learnt about Riders for Health. I believe that this charity does many good and important things. That is why, although it is only a small amount, I want to help Riders for Health. I think it is very important that us riders are aware of what is happening in the real world.”

Well done.

Skunk
3rd March 2006, 13:30
Nice guy in person too. Good on him (and the others that do this sort of thing). :2thumbsup

Buster
3rd March 2006, 13:41
What a nice bloke. All the other riders (or teams) should cough up and show there support too. :2thumbsup

Bob
3rd March 2006, 23:01
To be fair, the MotoGP circuit does a lot to support Riders for Health. It is their chosen charity and they do a lot of auctions etc to raise money.

For anyone that doesn't know much about Riders for Health, hopefully this will give more of an insight into their life-saving works. (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/rfh.htm)