PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire biker suffers cut throat in wire trap

Bob
9th March 2006, 01:22
Scott Bower needed 17 stitches after his neck was caught on barbed wire strung across the road as he raced friends at a local tip in Rotherham, UK, known locally as Watson's Tip.

South Yorkshire Police believe the wire had been strung up deliberately across a track regularly used by bikers.

Police are now appealing for information. Inspector James Revitt said "We are treating this matter very seriously. This young man received a nasty cut to his neck and was fortunate not to receive more substantial injuries.”

"We do get a number of complaints about off road bikers and some residents feel very strongly about such matters. This however shows the danger of taking the law into their own hands."

Anyone with information should contact PC Tony Bennett on 01709 832073 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. And anyone offroading – not just in the Rotherham area – please keep your eyes peeled for this kind of stupid and dangerous activity.

Ixion
9th March 2006, 01:27
Yeah yeah bullshit.Twas only a biker hurt, the cops won't do anything

Brian d marge
9th March 2006, 02:21
whats he doing in my house

Damn lucky he wasnt killed

Stephen Watson

bugjuice
9th March 2006, 08:43
fook..
some fuckers just do anything to get their kicks
I wanna kick in the fuckers

jonbuoy
9th March 2006, 18:54
Fuckers, I think its becoming more common for some villagers on biker routes in the UK to put sand and diesel on corners too. Wankers have no idea of the carnage they could cause.

SlashWylde
11th March 2006, 09:44
Fuckers, I think its becoming more common for some villagers on biker routes in the UK to put sand and diesel on corners too. Wankers have no idea of the carnage they could cause.

Uhh... ya think? I reckon they know exactly the kind of carnage it would cause.

Pathos
11th March 2006, 11:40
one of my biggest fears is that some idiots will put wire across a road at neck height at night...

kickingzebra
11th March 2006, 13:38
Do the old dam dusters trick and have wire cutters strung across the front of the bike... Extra weight might bugger up the wheely potential, but no cut throats!!

Buster
11th March 2006, 14:28
God damn noisy chook chasers! Dont give my neighbors any ideas, they are pretty sick of our mini motos screaming around the park next door. The wire would only have to be knee high I suppose!

SwanTiger
11th March 2006, 14:35
That sucks, I think diesel on the road would get a fucked off residents point of view across, but a wire, I'd call that attempted murder.

Buster
11th March 2006, 14:47
That sucks, I think diesel on the road would get a fucked off residents point of view across, but a wire, I'd call that attempted murder.

Id call diesel on the road attempted murder too. Especially if it nearly killed somebody.

Back Fire
12th March 2006, 17:07
Thats some scary shit.... I'm just waiting for that blind corner with a big piece of 4x2 that some punk has stuck there....

SixPackBack
12th March 2006, 17:21
Lucky his mates didnt catch the culprit/s.....know I wouldnt have held back!

Shadows
12th March 2006, 22:01
Time to drag out the old ape hangers

Matt
13th March 2006, 15:07
Nightmare - someone else was killed in Yorks a couple of years ago by this kind of thing; always seem to target (illegal?) off-road riders - never heard of it on UK roads?

Matt