PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto's

laRIKin
12th April 2004, 20:27
Well how's had a ride on one, or better still racers one.

I had a little blast on one on sunday, strange little bikes.

Lots of fun, pity I was not dressed for the occasion, so had to take it easy.
So I wobbled around the small track like a gorilla on a tiny bike in a circus act.

They are lots of fun and do take some skill to ride fast.

Will I buy one? time will tell. If the better half was keen, I would buy 2.

PS: Heres their site

http://www.minimoto.co.nz/

Ghost Lemur
12th April 2004, 20:44
I initially thought they were racing bikes for kids when I first saw them. They look pretty cool.

DEATH_INC.
12th April 2004, 21:20
Yep,great fun! Had a play on one a while back.....they don't hurt when you crash either.......

laRIKin
13th April 2004, 18:00
Yep,great fun! Had a play on one a while back.....they don't hurt when you crash either.......

You'r right about that.
The boys were having their first try out at racing.
So were sorting out their bike and having ago at passing, so had lots of
practice at crashing :laugh: they were having ball.
Apart from one guys jeans getting holes in them, the rest were wearing
leathers and a few fairings got broken. On one was hurt and they just
ripped of the broken bit and laughing their heads off, and went straight
back out again.

Two Smoker
13th April 2004, 18:23
Now here is a cool equation..... Minimoto + Lights + Warrant + Rego = hehehehe, i know it isnt logical and extremely dangerous because you are so low, but just think about it hehehe, i heard that with and expansion chamber kit they do 100kmh.......:eek5:

Kickaha
13th April 2004, 18:59
Now here is a cool equation..... Minimoto + Lights + Warrant + Rego = hehehehe, i know it isnt logical and extremely dangerous because you are so low, but just think about it hehehe, i heard that with and expansion chamber kit they do 100kmh.......:eek5:

You can register them as a moped,which means you don't need a wof,they don't quite qualify as they are 2.4kw and the limit is meant to be 2kw and they go faster than a moped is meant to but whos going to know.

I take it this was at the Warehose carpark Lemans?

I rode one of those at the Blenheim kart track and I think F5 had a go as well,I consider it more dangerous than racing the sidecar,poxy unstable little shitter,dug my boot in around a corner and ran straight off the track,they even wobble in a straight line!

The ones sold here so far are a cheaper less powerful version of the ones they race overseas,imagine 12.5hp in one of those things!

Two Smoker
13th April 2004, 19:13
12.5hp and 20kgs:eek5: damn that will be fast.......

laRIKin
13th April 2004, 19:23
I take it this was at the Warehose carpark Lemans?

I rode one of those at the Blenheim kart track and I think F5 had a go as well,I consider it more dangerous than racing the sidecar,poxy unstable little shitter,dug my boot in around a corner and ran straight off the track,they even wobble in a straight line!

The ones sold here so far are a cheaper less powerful version of the ones they race overseas,imagine 12.5hp in one of those things!

Yeah it was at the Warehose carpark.
I was was wearing trapping boots and I know that you mean about boots
dugging in. I found them easy to ride but hard to do a sharp corner.
But whne it started to go pear shaped, it happened real fast and it did turn
into a tank slapper real fast.

If you want to see a tank slapper, look at this.

http://www.assq00.dsl.pipex.com/vids/face_of_death.mpeg

Paul Orritt, 1999 formula 1 TT bottom of Bray Hill. He lost two fingers and mangled his ankle. Bike was a West Coast Fireblade.
At the time that his back suspension had collapsed
Apparently it is on Duke videos "Pure Grit"